Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FML........stomach flu

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My family came to visit for Christmas. Immediately upon their departure my 1.5 year old starts puking everywhere. Turns out they had it, and "got over" the stomach flu before visiting.

My daughter is scared when she throws up and wants to be held. I can now officially say that someone has thrown up on my head....2 days of this and she's finally starting to feel a bit better.

And then I start throwing up, can't keep anything down and have diahrrea. Fml
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinybluemoon
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:36 AM

LOL.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM

It's going around.  My daughter had it, ended up going to the ER and getting IV fluids and anti-nausea meds.  My brother also had it, he travels a lot, and had just come back from Brazil (thought it was food poisoning at first), and was sick for 5 days.  A LOT of people have it, and she could have gotten it anywhere.

easinpc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM
It's going around where I live like crazy. I woke up with it Christmas morning and I'm still not feeling the best.
PandTsmomjuly
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM

We recently had a lockdown at the retirement facility I work at because people with the flu weren't staying in their rooms and were spreading it around. In 2 days we ended up with over 40 cases of the flu.

And it all started with one person's adult granddaughter visiting, knowing she was ill -_-

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Blech.

It's definitly making the rounds. My youngest came down with it, then my oldest, then DH!

MissRN
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM
It ran through our house too, everyone but the littlest one got it which is a sheer miracle. I hope you guys start to feel better, it was awful.
SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM

That's one reason why I'm glad I don't leave the house much. No sicknesses in this house so far, knock on wood.

Missdameanor
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Feel better soon!

TaylorMom814
by Emily on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM
That sucks. People just need to stay home if they are sick!! We all had it last month. Hope you all get to feeling better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Geez that is terrible!

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

We recently had a lockdown at the retirement facility I work at because people with the flu weren't staying in their rooms and were spreading it around. In 2 days we ended up with over 40 cases of the flu.

And it all started with one person's adult granddaughter visiting, knowing she was ill -_-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)