Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Met my new brother and sister

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Met my new family members over Christmas and oh my gosh, they were so completely rude!

My husband was sharing something about his speak to text on his phone. Me, his mom and his dad (and obviously my husband) all find it hilarious how his first phone's speak to text feature would hear the wrong word so often and use the N word instead. So when my husband was talking about the feature, his dad just started laughing and said that it doesn't get it perfect every time and so we all laughed. His brother and sister-in-law didn't know what we all found so funny....so my father-in-law and I just told her that with his last phone, all of us were getting text messages calling us the N word.

Apparently this ruined the whole thing for my brother-in-law and his wife because they started yelling at my husband for something his phone messed up on.

And then, he pulled my husband aside and started interrogating him for each thing he doesn't like about him. It was so annoying! Oh my gosh, these two people are just rude. I have been super excited about getting to finally meet them and now I just wish that they never cam out here.

Could have had a new brother and a new sister but these two people don't want anyone of us to be family other than my mother-in-law.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM
So all of you find it hilarious that your phone is autocorrecting to the 'N word' and you all are making jokes about it. Yet you're baffled as to why someone would be offended. Hmm interesting.
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM
My life is so boring.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM
We just don't understand why someone would miss the whole point of what was being said just because of a small mistake.

Kind of like you missing the point of how rude these people were just because you want to have a problem.

It's just the way of different people. I let your comment slide so why shouldn't you do the same to me?

Quoting Anonymous 2: So all of you find it hilarious that your phone is autocorrecting to the 'N word' and you all are making jokes about it. Yet you're baffled as to why someone would be offended. Hmm interesting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)