Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you spend?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • 63 Replies
I'm thinking of selling handmade gourmet cheesecakes. I recently graduated from pastry arts school but due to some family issues I'm not able to work right now. So, I'd like to make some extra money and I'm very good at cheesecakes. It's one of my favorite things to make. After pricing out most of my recipes I was thinking of selling them for between $25 and $30. Would you pay that much? If not, how much would you want to spend? Keeping in mind that it's completely from scratch and only using premium ingredients. What would you expect from a cake that cost that much? I'd appreciate any and all comments, suggestions, and ideas!
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:55 AM
I've spent $40 on a cheesecake before. It was orgasmic.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Pics?
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

no I would just make my own

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM
How would you sell them?

I dont think id buy a cheesecake from a random person.
tinkerxbell
by Danger Will Robinson on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How big is the cheesecake?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I think it depends on the area you live in. I would spend that much but I'm in a high cost area.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

If I could eat cheesecake, I'd pay $30 for a good one.  I've paid $8 for a slice in NYC back when I could eat dairy and it was the best thing I've ever tasted.  

My friend has a side business catering bachelorette parties with dirty shaped pastries.  She makes a killing.  No joke.  Just something to consider.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
The cheesecake factory ones are that much.

I would buy if I had the money but, I dont.
TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Honestly, i wouldn't buy a cheesecake. If people are that concerned with the quality of the cheesecake they'll make it themselves, regardless of your degree. And those who would buy it would find it too pricey. Stick to something with a lower production cost. And if you plan on making a lot, try to automate it as much as possible. It's better to spend money on a tempering machine than to fuck up your shoulder from scraping chocolate on a board. So if you go for breads, invest in an industrial mixer.
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Pics and how big are the cheesecakes?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)