Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so upset and hurt by my family

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 13 Replies
My mom texted me the other night and said "don't ever marry another man ever again" i was like "where did that come from?" and she said that Lenny, my bf, had told my brother that he was gonna ask me to marry him. But that i shouldn't get married ever again, that it would be a bad decision, and she doesn't want a man to come between me and my kids. Like she thinks i would choose him over them or something, which i would never do. He is really got to us, and he and the kids get along great. It just really upset me that she is trying to tell me not to ever get married again, and she ruined his proposal by telling me about it beforehand. Ugh.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Family totally sucks sometimes! I'm sorry =/
_hummingbird_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Wow that's shitty.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
She is trying to protect you and this way you have more time to really think it over.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I would be so pissed. I wouldn't be talking to her for a while. If he does propose, dont bother calling her and letting her know.

DelilahsMom4108
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Sounds pretty terrible... does she have any reason to think it'd be a bad idea? Like have you had previous relationship issues or a bad divorce?
Dolcepsle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I am not defending her in any way but maybe she thinks she noticed something bad about him. Ask her. Then, I would just tell him what you heard. Would it hurt to go to couples therapy to learn clearer communication skills? I think many marriages suffer from a lack of good communication. It could start your new marriage off on the right foot and it would kill your family to be proven wrong :)
TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM
:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM
You've posted about lenny before correct? Not judging just wishing you good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Unless she has some proof or something that he is a horrible person and marriage to him would be a mistake, she needs to be quiet.  That was so rude and screams control freak.

Proud.mama.of2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM
No, i don't think i have. I don't really post in here a lot. We've been together for a year and a half now, but i don't think I've had anything to post about...

Quoting Anonymous 1: You've posted about lenny before correct? Not judging just wishing you good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)