• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I just checked my mail from yesterday's delivery and received notice that child support enforcement has suspended my ex-husband's driver license.

He has our children for the holiday vacation. If I had known he was picking them up without a license, I would not have let them go with him but rather drove them the couple hours myself under the conditions he does not transport them anywhere.

I'm more concerned that since he's over 8k in arrears that if he was to get pulled over for any reason that in addition to driving with a revoked license that there may be a warrant for his arrest for it as well. I cannot in good faith risk my boys watching their father be arrested if I knowingly allow him to drive them.

Am I overreacting? I've never been through this before.

Does child support enforcement inform you when a warrant has been issued just like they informed me of the suspension of his license?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Maybe he's just now finding out it's been suspended himself? I don't know how that works.

I'd just call him and tell him about the letter and discuss how to handle transportation for you kids until the matter is resolved.
ejkdmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I would think they have to notify him. Whether he cares and listens is a different thing. He probably knows.

Here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Did you call BD and talk to him about it? What did he say?

My state doesn't inform the OP of a warrant. But we have a website where you can look it up. Every state is different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM

You're not overreacting.  This is a very bad situation.  I have no experience with this but here's a bump.

LalasMommy1125
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I'm not sure what your options are but I do know that I would not let someone with a suspended license drive my kids. I would call and tell him that I will be picking up the kids.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless he drives like a maniac, it is unlikely he will get pulled over. Your fears are legit but not likely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Dude, my ex owes $37,000+ and the state won't suspend his license. Reason is, a drivers license doesn't truly impact the life of a deadbeat. They said if it were a trucking license then yes. If it were a medical/professional license then yes. Otherwise they said its a joke.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM

If he's in arrears, a warrant can be issued at any time. Most likely, yes. This is not good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I've never gotten a notice that the dads license is suspended or anything. But it's not as if his license is suspended due to a bad driving record or something so I think in a way, you are possibly overreacting. Also, it's just a bench warrant I think, not an arrest warrant which means they won't arrest him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM

False, they will arrest him. Thats the point of a warrant.

Quoting Anonymous 6: I've never gotten a notice that the dads license is suspended or anything. But it's not as if his license is suspended due to a bad driving record or something so I think in a way, you are possibly overreacting. Also, it's just a bench warrant I think, not an arrest warrant which means they won't arrest him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)