Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really dumb question..

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 21 Replies

Is it safe to give a baby nori? Marceline will be 8 months on the first.  She sees my oldest daughter and I eating it often.  I figure it might also be a good replacement for paper (lol).  I can't find much about it from a doctor standpoint on google, just a few individuals talking about it.  Mostly I come up with results about Kim Kardashian plucking her baby's eyebrows.  Apparently Nori is her daughters nickname..  I suppose any Nori + baby combo is going to go that route.  On a side note, may I say that it's ridiculous to pluck/shape your baby's eyebrows.. I digress..

I don't see why it wouldn't be safe, but her pedi did tell us to wait on giving her fish. I KNOW it's not fish, but I guess it's just the aquatic thing that has me hesitant.  I'll call and ask her doctor tomorrow if I have to, but I know how stupid that conversation is going to sound.

*I meant to post this in my due date group....

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I don't know what that is.

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM
What the hell is a nori?
tecsabates
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM
What is nori?
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I dont even know what you are talking about.

amantonacci
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM
I wouldn't
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Toasted seaweed.  Usually used in sushi.  I love it, and put it in a lot of things, sometimes I just eat it plain..  

Quoting .PinkSunshine.:

JackAttacks
by Angel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Seaweed? I don't see why not. Ds had cooked sushi rolls at that age. .. all broken up into tiny bits but it was wrapped in nori.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Ohhhh ok I've never heard of that. The one time I tasted Seaweed, I hated it :/ It should be ok but not sure.

Quoting Ultrakiwi:

Toasted seaweed.  Usually used in sushi.  I love it, and put it in a lot of things, sometimes I just eat it plain..  

Quoting .PinkSunshine.:

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I would.  (Unless you have a family history of food allergies).

In regards to allergies, there is no clear advice out there.  Used to be avoid, now they say don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM

why cant you give a baby fish? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)