Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to troll right

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My pointers on how to make a successful troll post, feel free to add your own.

First it needs to be believable. Embellish something that truly happened to you, your sister, your neighbors cat. Then when people ask you questions you can easily answer them. It's harder when you create a story out of thin air.

Second do your research, know your facts because if it sounds fishy someone is going to google and prove you wrong.

Third when posting pictures dig a bit deeper. Don't just chose the first one that pops up. Dig deeper or don't post any. There are apps and websites that allow you to reverse image search making it incredibly easy to prove you wrong.

So any other pointers for newbies?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Start off slow with the crazy. Don't unleash the batshit until, at least, page 3. That way we get reeled in before we realize the post is bullshit.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Bump
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM
4 moms liked this

Just ask 

jesusismyfriend
by Love All on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Don't post the same stinkin thing a bajillion times.

adp_3805
by Gifqueen on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Don't just crop an image to try to make it believable. It's not. 

Even better, just don't use images. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Thats a good one, those are the ones that leave me scratching my head wondering if it is true or not.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Start off slow with the crazy. Don't unleash the batshit until, at least, page 3. That way we get reeled in before we realize the post is bullshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Did the 12 yr old pregnant troll delete? I honestly will never understand trolling. Is your life that pathetic that you make stories up online and pretend to be devastated?
adp_3805
by Gifqueen on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it did. She tried cropping another image to play it off. It was called out. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did the 12 yr old pregnant troll delete? I honestly will never understand trolling. Is your life that pathetic that you make stories up online and pretend to be devastated?

tossed
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Trolling bothers me because I TRY to be helpful and it pisses me off when posters are researching to be helpful and it is all a joke to the poster. I wish that people who want to troll would just go to a creative writing site. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Did the 12 yr old pregnant troll delete? I honestly will never understand trolling. Is your life that pathetic that you make stories up online and pretend to be devastated?

sweetfox3
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Although OP (not this post but of a suspected troll post) could be trolling, the situation described could be close to another reader's who might be considering asking for advice, but gets scared off by reactions of respondents.

Therefore, if I have advice, I give. Not necessarily for OP, but for Timid Lurker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)