• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i wrong for being upset

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:20 PM
  • 21 Replies
So my dh works 6 days a week 12-16 hour days and don't get me wrong I'm so greatful for what her does for our family....but him only having one day off a week and every time he sleeps most of the day! We never get out of The house or spend time together. Maybe I'm over reacting but we only have one vehicle which he drives to work in. I stay home every day and take care of our son and get up and take care of him during the night if need be! He is gone when our son wake up in the morning and gets home after bedtime (sometimes I keep our son up just to see him which I pay for the next cranky day) when he is home one day a week he spends probably 4hours with our son. He loves us both dearly and works very hard for what we have and I know he is tired but sometimes I feel selfish because he sleeps when he's here and all I want to do is get out of the house and do things as a family!
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't leave the house all week?

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

With him working that much, I would not expect him to want to get out and do things on his 1 day off. Do you drive? If so, take the car and you and your son go and do something while he sleeps. If you want to have more family time, you should look into finding another way to bring in some income so he doesn't have to work as much and he wont be as tired.

StoicLife
by Katerina on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Does he have to work 12 hr days 6 days a week to make it financially? If that's the case I'd start looking for a job to help out
motherofzandz
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You are gonna have to come up with a routine of your own. Walk to a park. Call a taxi or friend on the days he works to getnout of the house. His only day off his body needs the rest. It sucks but its the truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
You're not really overreacting by much. I was a wreck when we were a one care family too! It sucks not being able to have a life:(

No answers, but big hugs!!! I hope things get better soon.
katelyndangelo
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
No I stay home all week and never get out. I do take my son out and do things when he naps but my son is always saying Dada because he misses him. I can't work right now because I'm still trying to finish my school which I do from home like I said I understand he's tired but I guess we both just miss him being around that we want to see him.
sj2014
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Just because the situation is beyond your control, and perhaps necessary, doesn't mean you are wrong to feel disappointed. I would feel disappointed, too.

It would be wrong to take those feelings and nag your husband about something he can't change (you aren't doing that, just making a point).

If you use those feelings to figure out a way to improve the situation, that is good.

We can't help how we feel. We can only choose what we do with our feelings.

boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM

I don't blame you.     My Dh works 6-7 days a week, 12 to 14 hours per day....and has for years!    When he is home... he is super Dad.    His motto is:  I'll sleep when I die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

If you drive, take him to work.  There is zero reason for him to have the car and make sure you're stuck at home all the time.

I sympathize.  My DH works a lot of hours sometimes, not regularly like yours does but it takes it toll. 

katelyndangelo
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:32 PM
No he doesn't have to work that much to make it financially but that's the hours of his job he works in the oil and gas industry and runs a plant so its long hours but great money!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)