• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one who doesn't celebrate?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

New Year's? I don't see the point. 

We don't celebrate Easter either...we're not Christian and don't do the Easter bunny.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM
St.Patricks day? Valentine's day? Thanksgiving? Memorial Day?,Labor day?,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:40 PM

we aren't religious either. but we still celebrate all that stuff. we just look at it as a fun family time day together. 

bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I never saw the point in New Years lol.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
DH is a New Year baby, so we just do a little something for his birthday.

He's going to be 40 this year. I think I get him a black cake, lol.
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Yes to St. Patty's day (I'm 100% Irish). No to V-day, yes to Thanksgiving, kind of to Memorial day. We take time to give thanks to the fallen soldiers for their sacrifice but we don't do anything extravagant. No to labor day.

Quoting Anonymous 1: St.Patricks day? Valentine's day? Thanksgiving? Memorial Day?,Labor day?,

Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM
We don't really celebrate New Years either. Too many people out, I don't love crowds or huge wait lists. We do celebrate Easter just because, well, candy.
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Well we celebrate Easter. We're catholic but we do it for the fun too.
New Years is an introduction to a whole new time. When not pregnant we hire a sitter to stay at the house with us and we get sloppy drunk we shoot fireworks and bbq.
We bbq and have a party for Labor Day, memorial day, and we go out and get shitty on St Patrick's day. It's our one major night out a year.
Why not new years?
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:50 PM

We celebrate New Years at home with the kids. Confetti, glow sticks, music, etc. last year we were on the west coast and celebrated at 9 with the Times Square ball drop. That way the kids didn't stay up too late. This year we are in a different time zone and it will be more difficult. 

TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Yall are no fun. These are huge excuses to throw a party. I get 20-40 people over..... Beer pong, bbq, kegs, etc. it's a blast. We have upwards of 25 kids here. Yes there's a sober adult.

Quoting mom2many747:

Yes to St. Patty's day (I'm 100% Irish). No to V-day, yes to Thanksgiving, kind of to Memorial day. We take time to give thanks to the fallen soldiers for their sacrifice but we don't do anything extravagant. No to labor day.

Quoting Anonymous 1: St.Patricks day? Valentine's day? Thanksgiving? Memorial Day?,Labor day?,

.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't really celebrate any holidays except Christmas and I only do that for my kids. If they were grown, I wouldn't bother

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)