Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I need to get a new phone but im not sure?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
My phone has been my everything for the last two yrs. I dont have a computer or cable. But I seem to just go through phones. One i lost. Another was stolen at the gym. Well this one now just shuts off all the time. Okay no biggie. I do bring my phones to the gym. So maybe sweating on it is detroying it.I have alot of pics on this phone I really dont want to lose those. But now im not getting any texts at all. Thats not good ,nor can i send any.
I swear the people at teen mobile are always rude.
Do you think a new sim card could help?
Or maybe a new battery or both
Just looking for advice
Thank you
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rydersmommy616
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM
B
beans13
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM
What kind of phone is it?

I would recommend an iPhone. You can backup to the cloud and if you lose your phone or it breaks you won't lose everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM
What brand phone? It could be software issues, but really any solution to check that would wipe you phone. Install photobucket or dropbox, back up all your photos to one of them. You can back up docs to dropbox as well. Once everything is backed up, do not make one full back up, if software is glitchy, it will be on the back up. Restore as new, if still have problems get a new phone. Either way, you'll have your stuff backed up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Only problem is, if you only back up to icloud and are doing a full backup, if its software, you reinstall the glitch from the backup. And, not all photos are fully retrievable.

Quoting beans13: What kind of phone is it?

I would recommend an iPhone. You can backup to the cloud and if you lose your phone or it breaks you won't lose everything.
Rydersmommy616
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Its an LG
Ok thank u
If i get a new one i will remember tht:)

Quoting beans13: What kind of phone is it?

Rydersmommy616
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Ok
So i can store it
Now i need to figure out the photo buckt
Thank u

Quoting Anonymous 1: What brand phone? It could be software issues, but really any solution to check that would wipe you phone. Install photobucket or dropbox, back up all your photos to one of them. You can back up docs to dropbox as well. Once everything is backed up, do not make one full back up, if software is glitchy, it will be on the back up. Restore as new, if still have problems get a new phone. Either way, you'll have your stuff backed up.
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

you kina sound like an irresponsible phone owner

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Lol, your reply made me giggle. I have heard worse. In fact, it made me think of one lady who regularly called because she lost her phone, lived on a considerable chunk of property, and wanted me to pin point exactly where her phone was. She kept asking me if it could be in her laundry hamper, under her couch, etc. Every time her calls started out with someone possibly stealing her phone.

Quoting thetrollcat:

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM

dude seriously some people really are shitty phone owners! Its like they are not made to own phones. I know of people that treasure their phones like its gold. Others use it as it is but yet will not be careless. Then you got some people that care for their phones but they are so sloppy or air headed I dunno but they really suck at owning a phone! My teen is one of those people! I knwo her phone means the world to her but for the life of her she cannot keep up and care for that damn phone!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol, your reply made me giggle. I have heard worse. In fact, it made me think of one lady who regularly called because she lost her phone, lived on a considerable chunk of property, and wanted me to pin point exactly where her phone was. She kept asking me if it could be in her laundry hamper, under her couch, etc. Every time her calls started out with someone possibly stealing her phone.
Quoting thetrollcat:

Rydersmommy616
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I guess.
I have paid for it though.
Plus my son has used it and dropped it.
And i live upstairs once it dropped caring to much crap lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)