Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this year (2015) my goal is time ALONE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I have been married 21 years and have 3 teenagers and am on total burn out as a wife and mom.  I NEED some time off.  I already have a trip planned the end of Feb. to visit my college daughter and am taking 2 extra days ALONE. In that state.  Im also planning a 4 day weekend ALONE the end of April.  I am in the process of altering my work schedule so that I will have one morning ALONE every week.  Im hoping to end up a happier more centered me by the end of 2015.

anyone else ever feel this way???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:16 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Not quit. But my oldest is only 10.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:25 PM

My kid is 7 and I work full time. I get plenty of alone time.

Kristen.Marie
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Good for you!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I get to travel for work every couple months so I use that time to be alone. Two to four days is just enough time for me.
ChristineTate
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Yes.  I'm a homeschool mom and alone time is a rare treat.  Unfortunately, I'm the type of person that is wired to be very self-entertaining and quite happy alone.  I actually need to be alone with my thoughts from time to time to be happy.  I just keep reminding myself that these years are fleeting and there will come a day when I'll want her to spend more time with me. 

bribri1980
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I use to feel like that all the time. So now, instead of allowing myself to get to total burnout stage, I maintain mental stability. Every other weekend DH and I go to a hotel. Sometimes local, some times not. I swim, soak in a jacuzzi, sleep in, read...it's great. We have a hot tub at home and a pool, but we still go away, becausee at home, there are other people!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Sounds like fun. I have a toddler. I'm a sahm with a dh that works states away for months at a time. My resolution is to find a reliable non serial killer babysitter and have 3 hours of "me" time a week.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM
That's a good goal! Mine is to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

that sounds nice... but that isnt alone.  I want to be ALONE.  No input from anyone, not even hubs.

Quoting bribri1980: I use to feel like that all the time. So now, instead of allowing myself to get to total burnout stage, I maintain mental stability. Every other weekend DH and I go to a hotel. Sometimes local, some times not. I swim, soak in a jacuzzi, sleep in, read...it's great. We have a hot tub at home and a pool, but we still go away, becausee at home, there are other people!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)