Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding question!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My dd is almost 8 months. For the past 2-3 days, my right nipple has been really sore while nursing. It's cracked, and feels just like when I first started nursing. The other one is fine. Is this normal, or do you have any idea what could be causing it?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It happens. Use lanolin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Just randomly like that, after 8 months? It makes me want to stop breastfeeding. So much pain.

Quoting crumpy_gat: It happens. Use lanolin
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Breast feeding is not easy, that is why most people quit.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just randomly like that, after 8 months? It makes me want to stop breastfeeding. So much pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM
It's been perfect until now. I was hoping to make it until at least a year. She won't take a bottle at all, so I'm not sure I could quit, even if I wanted to.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just randomly like that, after 8 months? It makes me want to stop breastfeeding. So much pain.

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM

You will be fine, it will heal.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's been perfect until now. I was hoping to make it until at least a year. She won't take a bottle at all, so I'm not sure I could quit, even if I wanted to.
Quoting Rangermom772:

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM
It happens. There isn't really much you can do about it other than to use lanolin or stop nursing.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Look up thrush. See if that fits. And join the breast feeding moms group on here. Thrush is easy to fix once you figure out if that's what it is.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM
I had so many issues with ds it was hell. Maybe she's teething and it's rubbing, or your nipple is dry?

crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Dam giants

Quoting cadditalbrat: It happens. There giant really much you can do about it other than to use lanolin or stop nursing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)