Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DRUNK around his 7 year old after 3 DUIs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I have a question but I have to tell the long story to get the answer. My cousin got his 3rd DUI last spring while he was on his way to pick up his daughter for his weekend. His parents got him a great lawyer so all he had to do was pay a bunch of fines and obviously his licence was taken away. His ex wife took him to court so they would revise the custody agreement. She didn't want to take custody away she just wanted the visits to be supervised. In the new agreement he can not be with his dd unless his girlfriend, parents, sister, or my parents are with him. Also in the agreement he is not allowed to drink 24 hours before he is with her and not allowed to drink while she is there. The whole family went bowling except me this weekend and my dad just told me he was drinking the whole time and was drunk by the time everyone was leaving. What the hell!? I'm sick to my stomach about this and I feel like I should tell someone but I don't even know who to tell. His ex wife and the courts are trusting his family to make good decisions because my cousin obviously can't and they are just letting him be stupid and drink around his daughter. I don't get it. What the heck am I suppose to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Nothing. He was supervised. As long as your family does the supervising everything should be ok.

Usually if the court stipulates someone be sober for their parenting time, they usually have to piss test after.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:28 PM
What you're saying makes sense but it's so messed up that he's drinking around her and isnt suppose to. I just don't get why none of the people who are supervising aren't stepping in. I wish I could just hug his ex wife. I can't imagine how scary it must be to leave her dd with him.

Quoting faerie75: Nothing. He was supervised. As long as your family does the supervising everything should be ok.

Usually if the court stipulates someone be sober for their parenting time, they usually have to piss test after.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Does he have a probation officer? I'd call and let them know.

As long as he isn't driving and another adult is present he isn't endangering his daughter. Is it a bad decision? Yes, but there may not be much you can do besides stage an intervention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Your father should have spoken up.  If he is trusted as a supervisor for visitation and he knows that the CO is being violated, it is his responsibility to notify the courts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I don't know if he has a probation officer. Don't you only have one of those if you're on probation? But yes you're right his dd is safe and that's what matters most. I just can't stop thinking about her mother and how she would feel about us knowing this was happening and just letting him do it.

Quoting ame85: Does he have a probation officer? I'd call and let them know.

As long as he isn't driving and another adult is present he isn't endangering his daughter. Is it a bad decision? Yes, but there may not be much you can do besides stage an intervention.
seximami111
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM
That's exactly what I told my dad. I told him I wasn't sure but if they found out he was drinking and my dad was there and said nothing, my dad could get in trouble for that. I don't have a clue about the legal side of it but that's what makes the most sense to me.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Your father should have spoken up.  If he is trusted as a supervisor for visitation and he knows that the CO is being violated, it is his responsibility to notify the courts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Thanks for the bump

Quoting seximami111:

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM

so call and tell his ex wife that he is drinking around his daughter and that you were told this at a later date. and you thought she needed to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:50 PM
I don't know her number and she isn't on facebook. I also would rather it be anonymous because I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle would hate me for messing up what they spent 10,000 dollars in court costs to fix. The only place I would be anonymous I think would be CPS but with all the CM horror stories about them it freaks me out to involve them.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

so call and tell his ex wife that he is drinking around his daughter and that you were told this at a later date. and you thought she needed to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)