Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hat is off to you single moms.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this
I think I am a great mother. But after laying awake all night with a puking, coughing kid with a fever of 102 I got to thinking...I don't know how you do it. My kid is a little skinny so at the first site of barfing I need to get her hydrated and preferrably with a sugary drink. No sugar drinks in the house. DH is working a double so I am alone. Just 24 hours of trying to figure this out and all I can think of is - how do people do it alone? I am only a great mother because of my DH and supportive friends, neighbors and family. I realize there are women out there (through no fault of their own) are struggling and getting stronger every day. You ladies rock.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM
It's life lol. Hope your little one feels better and you get some rest!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That was always a frustrating part- you can't leave the house once they fall asleep in the evening. lol

I definitely had to take my sickie kid to the store a few times to pick up medication or whatnot. Just take Purell and antibacterial wipes and don't get near people!

Flylady14
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I have a great support system, other single mom's. we just have to do what we got to do. my dd had that virus a few weeks ago. Hope your dd feels better. 

bribri1980
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM
This gives me stories of a time when the oldest was 3 the youngest 3 months and all three of us had the flu. In the bathroom, me puking in the trash can, using the toilet, the oldest in the bath tub puking and me changing the baby on the bathroom floor. I think back then I had a dozen hands. Lol
cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm an only child, and my mom raised me by herself, despite being Epileptic since she was 9. She is truly the strongest person I've ever known in my life, and I'd not be the person I am today without her. She is now in the early stages of Dementia, and is living with DH and I, and it's my honor now to be able to care for her in her later life, as she has always cared for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:49 PM

thanks, i needed this

mine was sick starting Christmas eve, today her fever finally gone and now I have it

fuck this flu

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I've pretty much been a single mom since I was 13. If I get sick, I take care of m kids the best I can. If I can afford it, I send them to daycare. I also have my oldest to help me some but he is still pretty young. Recently, I have had my boyfriend and his mother to help sometimes, but, mostly I just tough it out.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
How do we do it? We just do. Just do what has to be done.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Or a poor mother. So much of what I do with my kids requires money. How many times are we bored and go to mcdonalds or an indoor play area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM
It's life, something you get through. You fuck up A LOT in the beginning. I've had 9 years to figure this out so I'm stocked with medicines, first aid kits, etc.

When I'm sick, I'm lucky that ds takes care of me- getting me water, making sure I'm ok, and he gets to play the video games day and night lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)