Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to remind myself that her dolls weren't real people.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My house was a wreck after Christmas.  At the end of the day, we were exhausted.  I decided to help my oldest clean up her tornado of a room so we could all get to bed quicker.

She was picking up all of her toys out of the living room, and I started putting away her multitude of dolls.  They all live in specific doll houses or businesses in her dollhouse city.  It would have taken like a minute just to toss them all in the toybox, but I didn't.  I put each one into their own house.  ___lives in the ninja dragon castle, ___and___ live in the big pink house, ____ works overnights at the hospital as an ER doctor.  It didn't even dawn on me that I didn't have to do this.  I have listened to DD play with them so much, or played with them so much, that I know all the personal details of their lives.  Polly Pocket doesn't really give a damn if she sleeps in the house with the elevator, but that's where she went.  I finally took the hint when I started asking my daughter where the new dolls were going to live..  I need more of a personal life.

Mom brain fails..

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PandTsmomjuly
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I don't see this as a fail at all, lol.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM

LOL. That is hilarious.

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM
That's really funny. I am lucky if all of dds barbies get dressed before going in a huge bin haha.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Lmao! I actually found myself thinking I needed to wash my niece's play dinnerware in her fake kitchenette set one day when I was cleaning up her toys. I threw them in the little plastic sink before going, "Wait... wtf am I doing??" lol
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Lol!  At least you didn't dump any dish soap in there.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lmao! I actually found myself thinking I needed to wash my niece's play dinnerware in her fake kitchenette set one day when I was cleaning up her toys. I threw them in the little plastic sink before going, "Wait... wtf am I doing??" lol

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Lol. Happens to me all the time. I feel your pain. Lol
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:57 PM
That's so cute that you know all of the little details. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)