Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dd in the hospital I'm going to strangle mil.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
My dd is alergic to peanuts the doctor said to give her small amounts of peanut butter to help her overcome the allery. DH said this to mil and also told her to be on the safe side no peanut products at all. SHE GAVE HER A WHOLE FUCKING PB AND J SANDWICH! Thank goodness her cousin saw her reaction and grabbed the epi pen and called 911. She's 10 dd is 2 and a half. DD will be fine she'll come home tomorrow.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PandTsmomjuly
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM
4 moms liked this

** Please don't quote me any more! :P **

I wasn't saying it didn't happen, I was uneducated. I was not trying to express to the OP that I didn't believe her. Thanks to those who were kind in regards to my ignorant statement and gently educated me otherwise. :)

**Original** I have never heard of exposing someone to an allergen to help them get over it, especially one so bad it needs an epi.

Bennett121
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Oh my gosh. I would be livid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I would be beyond angry and very likely restrict unsupervised access. We had to do that with my FIL since he makes unsafe choices for our children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Your dr is a moron
chillemi78
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Oh no! Does your MIL generally listen otherwise and did something just get micommunicated? If so, she probably feels horrible enough. But if she thinks she knows better and does what she wants against your wishes, I doubt I'd leave her alone witth DD. So glad she is going to be ok and will be home soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I should have pointed out she's deathly allergic to bees. That is what the epi pen is actually for.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

I have never heard of exposing someone to an allergen to help them get over it, especially one so bad it needs an epi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM
It's not uncommon, but it needs to be closely supervised. The doctor wants to do this with my son, but I'm not ready.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

I have never heard of exposing someone to an allergen to help them get over it, especially one so bad it needs an epi.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I'd really hurt someone if they intentionally gave DS something he was severely allergic to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Normally she's fine she's crYing right now I can't stay mad. She had all the grandchildren (8) with her and didn't hear him say no peanut butter.

Quoting chillemi78: Oh no! Does your MIL generally listen otherwise and did something just get micommunicated? If so, she probably feels horrible enough. But if she thinks she knows better and does what she wants against your wishes, I doubt I'd leave her alone witth DD. So glad she is going to be ok and will be home soon.
PandTsmomjuly
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Gotcha. My son is allergic to dust mites and shrimp, pretty seriously. He and his dad (also with allergies) discussed getting shots to help with them but his dad hasn't taken the steps to start them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's not uncommon, but it needs to be closely supervised. The doctor wants to do this with my son, but I'm not ready.
Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)