Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ranting because Husband.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is so petty, it's ridiculous. I know it is, don't remind me. 

my husband has a TERRIBLE habit of getting incredibly mad at me whenever I point out that he's doing something that annoys me. Doesn't matter what it is. But he has a big ol man fit if I ever open my mouth in criticism. For example, he'll say he is taking the trash out. And he will. One bag. When there are three bags. If I ask him to finish the job, he throws his arms up and signs deep and stomps and says something usually along the lines of "I was just about to!" (He wasn't) or "don't get a tone!" (I admit, sometimes I do because...)

it's all the time. He's fiddling with his phone for 20 minutes after I ask him to put shoes on our dd so we can leave while I'm doing something else so we can leave (walking the dog, getting ready myself, etc). After he says or I ask him to do something and it's not done, sometimes days later and I eventually do it, even if I shouldn't (I have a bad back). Or that he's strapping our dd into the car seat dangerously AGAIN, and she's 2.5 years old. Or I ask him a question, that he doesn't even acknowledge until I finally raise my voice, at which time he will look up from his phone and snap "I heard you the first time!" I CAN NOT tell him to: acknowledge what I said the first time then, or do what you said you'd do in a reasonable time, or learn how to strap her in the right way god dammit, or get off the phone and help get us all out of the house so we aren't late without getting a big ass attitude from him, which in turn gives me an attitude. It's a VICIOUS cycle. 

Last night, for god knows how many times, I sat him down and asked him to please, if you aren't going to stop doing x,y,z - don't give me a hard time when I have to remind you, or ask you again, or snap wtf at you because it is ridiculous that I need to do that in the first place. Stop throwing fits when I say you're doing something annoying! Because what your doing that's annoying is legit annoying! I'm not the type to shut up and take that shit. So, if you won't stop doing this shit, don't except me to change in the way I react. 

he said he would try harder to not get an attitude again, he was sorry, again, he'll work on it, again. 

And here we are. He's upstairs pouting (literally, he stomped upstairs and slammed the door) when asked if he was going to walk the dog like he said he would 45 minutes ago, and when he didnt answer I starting putting my shoes on to do it myself. And he threw a fit "(my name) I was just about to! Jesus Christ you're always ON ME!" Then stomping upstairs. I walked the dog. He'll stay up there while I do stuff around the house and entertain dd I guess, but I'm so sick of this I could scream. I know he's napping. I hope he's enjoying it. Fucking ass. I never get to nap. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:21 PM

well, this cycle hasn't worked for how long now?  the only thing you can truly control about this situation is your reaction.  if this isn't how you want to live your life, you need to determine what you can change.  getting pissed isn't helping.  nagging isn't helping.  I think you guys need to either get some counseling or realize that this is who you two are together.  it wouldn't be something I'd want for myself, but this isn't something new for you.  he's shown you he isn't going to change no matter what.  now is this something you can live with for the rest of your life?  reminding him like you're his mommy, him getting pissed off, and you end up doing whatever it was anyway? 

Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Feel better?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Feel better?

Not yet. Kinda. Ok, better. 

craazycuckoo
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Well, I can see why you married him and has his kid....sounds like a stellar man.

Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM

when he wakes up go fart in his pillow, when he gets pink eye - you can laugh to yourself.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Feel better?

Not yet. Kinda. Ok, better. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:48 PM
You sound annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I annoy my husband but he doesn't get a temper with me at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM

quit doing it.
You are nagging.
If he straps your dd in wrong just walk over and do it right, don't say a word to him. 
Stop nagging.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:15 PM

You sound like you are talking to a child rather than a man who is supposed to be your partner.  I wouldn't want to be nagged at either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)