• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Converting to Paganism *help*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I was raised Christian but no longer believe. I've been trying to figure out what I DO believe in for a long time. I thought that maybe I just didn't believe in anything, but I don't feel like an atheist. I definitely believe there is spirituality in the world. I began to research religions and as I discovered paganism I became fascinated. I am absolutely enthralled and want to be a part of this beautiful and ancient religion. The thing is, it doesn't seem like paganism is as cut and dry as other religions. There are so many variations, even on which God and goddess people worship. I'm in a deep bible community in Florida close to Alabama and there aren't any pagan temples near me. I have no pagan friends. I don't even know where to start on this journey or how to get involved. I am not even sure which books to read on the subject.

Can some pagans on here tell me how to convert, get involved, whatever and explain what you believe? Thanks so much and blessed be!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM

no

fightlikegirl5
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Bump
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Don't over think it :)

Paganism is really a blanket term. It can mean nearly anything. There are Pagans that don't believe in any deity, and there are some that believe in every deity - even the Christian God.

To me, being pagain is just following your heart and enjoying your path as you find it. There are endless pagan paths to follow. If you're interested in learning more about different God/desses, just pick one at random and start studying.

Scott Cunningham has some really great books, and there are some really nice pagan groups here.

FoxFire363
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM
The process of becoming pagan isn't so much like converting to most religions. This is partially because paganism is an umbrella term covering a number of religions and practices. It is also not very "organized" outside of specific traditions and faiths. Most pagans place high value in discerning and walking your own spiritual path. Scott Cunningham has some excellent books on Wicca (the majority of books you find in mainstream bookstores will be about Wicca as it is the most well known and one of the most popular paths). Ellen Dugan ' s books are all excellent as well. One is meant for teens, but functions as a good introduction for readers of all ages, I believe it is called "Elements of Witchcraft. " finding which specific deities or pantheon call most strongly to you helps people find their path in many cases. For other people, it's finding which practices resonate with them. All of this entails doing research on your own and testing and trying things to see how they make you feel. I wish you luck in your journey.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)