Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You didn't come to my shower so you don't get anything!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
my friend is helping me throw my baby shower. It's going to be about 12 people and I'm doing it at my home.

Several of the guests are friends of my grandmother and were friends of my mon. I'm inviting them bc I think my grandmother would really like to see them. She loves to talk about my mom and relate everything to my mother and usually it gets on my nerves but my grandfather is dying...so I'd like to make sure she has a good time and gets to do stuff that really makes her happy.

Plus I think she'd feel awkward with a bunch of 20-somethings...

I have a few friends that live far away. Being in college or just starting out on their own and of course the shower just being a few hours long, I don't expect them to come out for it-but I would like to include them.

Do you think it would be weird to send them a favor and then a book for them to sign for the baby? Rather than gifts from my registry, I'm asking that if you want to bring something, bring a book for the baby and wrote something in it...
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Silvernail
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:07 PM
I love books but rarely have the extra money to buy them and while I never said anything out loud I think my friends realized this so what they and my family did was instead of a card they brought books to start my sons library. If I already had most of the baby stuff I would have been happy with nothing but the books, and it's nice to go back and see what people wrote to me and our son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Have them buy a book and write a lil saying in it and send it to you.

I had a small baby shower with my second.
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I just don't have a lot of friends that would be interested in a shower.

I started my family young. Many of my friends are just settling down and finishing college. They're just not into pregnancy.

They'll certainly hang out at my house with my son there and go out with us-but I just think a shower would be voring for them. Especially with so much focus being on my grandmom.

It's actually kind of a party for her disguised as a baby shower.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Have them buy a book and write a lil saying in it and send it to you.

I had a small baby shower with my second.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)