• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubes tied

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Are yours?
Im pregnant with my last baby and I will be getting my tubes tied. Im already nervous about it and I still have 7 months left.
If you had yours tied, whats the procedure...did it hurt afterwards?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It hurt for a day, that's it.
hautemama83
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I had mine done during my c-section. I had minimal pain from the c-section and no extra pain from the tubal. I did have many problems with my period afterwards though. 

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Had mine done after an emergency c section, so I was asleep.  My OBGYN told me it takes less than 15 minutes if done during a section.  It didn't add any time to my recovery.

shymomof4
by Kristyn on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM
I had mine done 9 years during a c section. It made recovery from the c section a little harder than my previous c section. Overall I have had no problems.
wilky5
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Also had mine done during my c-section. It was about an extra 20 minutes in the OR and I didn't notice any difference in recovery from previous c-sections. No changes in my periods, either, but they've always been weird. Just be ready for everyone to verify it's really what you want about 20 times beforehand!
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I had mine done. They made two small incisions and glued them shut. The day of hurt, the day after I was slightly sore and then i was fine.

asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I had mine tied about 2 weeks ago. I have an incision in my belly button, and then one in either side. It took me about 3 days to be back to 100%
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM

mine didnt hurt but mine was dne while i was already cut open with ds during the c-section.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I got my tubes removed after a vaginal delivery in September. I delivered at 12:42 a.m., they told me I had until 3 a.m. to eat, my surgery was scheduled for 10 a.m. They came and got me, wheeled me to the OR floor, made me take my contacts out, the anesthesiologist came by and asked me if I wanted spinal or general anesthesia. I'd already had my epidural taken out and didn't want to get another needle in my spine, so I opted for general. They wheeled me into the operating room, the nurse gave me sedation and antibiotics in my IV, I fell asleep, woke back up in the recovery room with a sore throat and jaw from being intubated about 35 minutes later, they moved me to pediatrics (because they didn't have room in L&D) and that was that. Little one inch incision below my belly button with some stitches and stay sutures on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I did my research first.  I read and heard many stories that doing so cuts off the supply of estrogen from the eggs you have causing a hormonal imbalance.  This is JUST why i decided not to do it and NOT saying it would happen to you.  I just didn't want that since I am type 1 diabetic and already have hormonal issues.  Didn't want to add to an already rocky situation.  My Dr went off on me but I didn't care, it's MY body.  Do what YOU think is best.  GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)