Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may seem cold hearted

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 21 Replies

Last week i was on my way to walmart when i pulled into the parking lot there was a guy holding a sign asking for money with his wife and 2 kids there. They were both babies. I dont get it. and i dont feel sorry for people like that. Ive been down on my luck but never put my kids out there like that. I would love to help someone that really needs it but i dont know if they really need help. so many people panhandle nowadays and they brag about how much money they get and they can work they just dont want to. I drive a public transit bus all teh time so i hear all the stories. I dont know if this guy is for real but it just pisses me off when i see guys having their wives and kids sitting out there with them. I feel like they do it cause more people will feel sorry for them.  About a month ago i pulled into target and there was another couple holding a sign and asking for money. She was holding a baby and they had a kid about 2 running through the parking lot playing. So i called the cops. Not sure what happened but when i came out they were gone. It should be against the law.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM

You realize the "MOM" chooses to Panhandle too...not like the guy has a gun to "her" head 

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I either give some money or I dont. I don't have an opinion beyond that because I do not walk in their shoes.

Don't like it, move on. I don't understand why people get so worked up over things like this.
NBVP1
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:52 PM
I called the cops on a guy who had his daughter out panhandling one day. But mainly because it was the middle of July, absolutely boiling hot, and she was wearing fleece footie pajamas. Not ok.
shorty00207450
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

yes she does. i dont like her either. i could never put my kids in that situation and ive had it hard to. but i work my ass off and sacifice so my kids can have decent stuff and ill shop at good will and get hand me downs but make my kids sit out there on  christmas eve when they should be at home ready for christmas

Quoting Amybelle:

You realize the "MOM" chooses to Panhandle too...not like the guy has a gun to "her" head 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I don't give money to anyone ever. I lived in the city many years ago and we had just left dinner. A homeless person asked me for food (clearly expecting me not to have any at which point he would ask for change for food). We said, "we DO have food" and were prepared to hand over the leftovers. He said "well do you have any spare change?" We were like "yeah, no" and walked away giving him nothing.

I've never even attempted after that. I donate to food banks and charities that help kids out. People on the street are on their own. I agree about parading their kids around. If I was legitimately needing help, I wouldn't subject them to that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother is a police officer and knows many of the ones in our area. Most that he knows are not really homeless.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

why is your screen name so long and why do you look so angry in your avatar? More importantly why on Earth would you post your child full name on Cafemom?

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM
I was actually approached by a woman panhandling on my way in to Walmart the other day. She wasn't just sitting there with a sign, sh was walking through the parking lot and going up to people and asking for money! W.T.H. I told her I didn't have any cash and kept walking, then donated my loose change to the Salvation Army bucket.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM
I believe it Is to panhandle with kids present. At least in fl. I've seen so many cops in my old area for families panhandling with their children.
shorty00207450
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM

what does this matter. I post on here and posted that picture along time ago when i first created my account. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

why is your screen name so long and why do you look so angry in your avatar? More importantly why on Earth would you post your child full name on Cafemom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)