Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know anything about nuva ring

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Been on nuva ring for many years. I got out of a long term relationship and didnt have sex for awhile. So I stopped taking it (for two months) Probably shouldn't have . but I need to start back on it now. I was told to place it in on the first day of my cycle and(period) it will become effective immediately. That correct?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Yep. I loved mine. I usually waited a day or two until I was lighter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM
The only thing I know is that everyone I know ended up pregnant. Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I was on it for five years and never did

Quoting Anonymous 3: The only thing I know is that everyone I know ended up pregnant. Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Ok so it works right away when you place it in on the first day? Just wanted to make sure I was given the right info

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yep. I loved mine. I usually waited a day or two until I was lighter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM
i got pregnant on it. with 100% correct use, my 6th cycle on it.

the answerr to your question is yes. (and that info is in the package insert with your ring for you to double check in case it has changed.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Ok thanks . I just thought it was weird it is effective immediately , I was told

Quoting Anonymous 4: i got pregnant on it. with 100% correct use, my 6th cycle on it.

the answerr to your question is yes. (and that info is in the package insert with your ring for you to double check in case it has changed.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I always used it as though it was (since that's what the literature says) and never got pregnant. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok so it works right away when you place it in on the first day? Just wanted to make sure I was given the right info
Quoting Anonymous 2: Yep. I loved mine. I usually waited a day or two until I was lighter.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Sorry. No clue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Ok. I'm gonna put it in on the first day if my cycle and trust that then,since that is what is says.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

I always used it as though it was (since that's what the literature says) and never got pregnant. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok so it works right away when you place it in on the first day? Just wanted to make sure I was given the right info

Shadowgirl113
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM
It's likely "effective immediately" sense most don't engage in intercourse while on thier period. The booklet says 7 days if you "forget" to put it back in use a backup method. I believe 7 days is the norm with most BC, and to be cautious, I would use a backup for the first week (if not just for hygiene if we were participating in a "redwing" event.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)