Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to make chili? help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Ok so if everyone could please hold all the I can't believe you can't/don't cook replies that would be great!! :)

I never cook besides putting stuff in a microwave or frozen pizza. I never learned how.

My wonderful husband does all the cooking. I would like to do something nice for him and cook his favorite (,chili) to surprise him when he gets home.

But I have no idea how. Lol

Anyone have any simple chili recipes. Like a step-by-step one, please help me.

Thanks in advance
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I just made it tonight.
Brown ground beef in a frying pan add salt and pepper to taste.

In a pot or crock pot add two cans of diced tomatoes, two cans of red bean, and one small can of tomato paste.

Mix together then add the ground beef. I use a McCormick Chilli seasoning pack, it's super simple.

If you don't have a seasoning pack add a few tablespoons of chilli powder instead.

Cook on low for a few hours. That's it.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Chili (with beans) is very easy.  First brown your ground meat (in the big pot you are making the chili in)-I like to use turkey, but hamburger is fine.  Drain the meat if you use hamburger (after it's cooked.)  Chop an onion into medium size pieces and throw it into the pan with the meat and stir and cook until translucent.  Dice up a couple cloves of garlic and throw them in.  Put in a can of undrained tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce.  Then, drain and rinse (to get rid of excess salt) 3 cans of beans you prefer.  I like to use kidney, pinto and black beans.  Add at least a tablespoon of chili powder to taste.  Some people like to add basil and cumin as well (and hot sauce or red pepper if you like spice.)  Stir and simmer for about an hour.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM

1 pound of hamburger, toss it in a big pot and cook it over medium heat until it's brown, chopping it up as it cooks. Toss in one onion, cut up into small pieces.

Add 1 big can of chili beans, 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed), 1 can of white kidney beans (drained and rinsed), 2 cans of crushed tomatoes.

Add some liquid smoke, paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin. If you like spicy, add in some of the juice from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (but do it slowly). Taste it frequently to see if you think it has enough spices, and add more until it tastes the way you like!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30669-spicy-slow-cooker-beef-chili

This is mine. I use serrano peppers instead of jalapenos because the lil one doesnt like spicy.

erin708
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I use the McCormick seasoning pack too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I brown ground beef (1.5 pounds) with chopped onion (1 medium) and 2 ribs of chopped celery. Drain the grease off the meat. I add a large can of chopped tomatoes with the juice and 2 cans of chili beans. A couple cloves of minced garlic and a small handful of seasonings like cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, onion salt, and a punch of cayenne pepper. Taste and adjust as you go.
It's not authentic Texas chili but it's what we like here in the Midwest.
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I boil my ground beef for chili and tacos, It gives it a finer texture, and it's much less greasy. Other than that I just uses bushes chili magic because I'm lazy... 

OliviaW.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Everyone has a different recipe or way they like it. DOes he like the kind with beans? Here's my recipe:

1 lb. of hamburger browned and drained 

1 quart of canned tomatoes

1 pint of salsa (however hot you like it)

cooked rice or pasta

Combine all ingredients to a crock pot. Add chili powder or other spices to taste. 

JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I love this one. We don't like beans in it so I substitute corn. It has a really good flavor. The longer you simmer, the better it tastes. The ingredient list makes it look a lot more complicated than it really is.

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/78299/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)