Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't take it!!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
My son just turned 3 and has THE WORST temper. He is being violent && mean. Constantly throwing tempers where he kick and screams and throws.
Things have been a little hectic since I'm due with baby #2 in a few weeks but he's been like this for the past like month.
It's driving me crazy and I don't know how to handle it! Any advice on what to do.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Time out every single time for any offending behaviour. Never ever let any behaviour like it slide. Good luck
PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Oh, everyone said 3 is the worst. DD is 3 and I agree. No advice as I deal with multiple tantrums daily too. Hugs. Hopefully this will pass quick.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM

My daughter tantrumed.

I ignored the tantrums, 100% and completely, and let her know she would only get my attention when she stopped behaving like a rabid animal (not in those words for the people who will go apeshit).

Soon she realized they weren't going to get her anything she wanted.  

ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Consistency is key. Redirect him, time outs, talk to him. It's a phase and it will get better, but it's hell to deal with :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmouthbabe
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Soankspank his little tail. Seriously. Realizing I'm gonna be bashed for that view point but I don't care. Make him have a clear understanding of who is boss, what is acceptable and rest assure you will never have to go through that again.
RazzleMySpazz
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Water helps my son when he does that

A cool wash rag and encourage him to wipe his hands, face, and neck whenever he looks like he's about to freak out...

Good luck

Maybe it's a growth spurt that's been especially hard on him.

Is he sleeping well??
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Three year olds are miserable. I'd spank DS's butt, then ignore the following fuss.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Ignore.

Your pediatrician will tell you the same thing.

The more you yell/threaten/beg/negotiate the more he loves it because it's attention which is precisely what he wants.

Walk away. Leave the room. If he has no audience a tantrum is no fun!
TaylorShade
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Thank you all! I will Def try more of those things (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)