Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

come when we plan or dont come at all

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people are late or change plans at the very last second....my mom is like that, my aunt is like that and dhs whole family is like that. I am always early to whatever I plan because I HATE being late. Now dhs siblings constantly do this, they tell us they are going to be here at such and such a time, the time comes and dh texts them they are still taking showers, doing whatever and will be there in an hour...an hour comes and they are still at their place.....we set plans for a specific reason either stick to the plan or dont bother coming.

End rant
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Yeah that's irritating.  Dh's family is like that so we actually tell a few of them the party starts an hour earlier so it gets them here closer to when they should be.

lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this
If you're early you're on time. If you're on time you're late. If you're late you're left behind. I tell people this. I hate being late and it's really an asshole move to make others late or wait for you. My family is always late and so is DH. It drives me crazy. I tell people half hour early if I know they are constantly late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Yeah if we tell them to come at 1, 2 or 3 they'll whine about how early it is....it's gotten to the point I refuse to do anything with them because even if they plan something and dh and I are ready on time they are still late

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah that's irritating.  Dh's family is like that so we actually tell a few of them the party starts an hour earlier so it gets them here closer to when they should be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I'd tell them not to bother every time they're late. I'd give them maybe a 1/2 hour window of lateness and then the texts/calls would go out to let them know that they can just forget it. That's so rude and I'd let them know as much.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would leave my house a half hour after they should have come. Go out to dinner and if they call say you will be there when you finish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Dh hates being late also thankfully, I was always taught to be early because of my mom. My mom had one job when my parents were together and it would be to pick my dad up from work so he didn't have to ride the train and he was constantly waiting for over an hour so he stopped asking her to get him

Quoting lucille.bluth: If you're early you're on time. If you're on time you're late. If you're late you're left behind. I tell people this. I hate being late and it's really an asshole move to make others late or wait for you. My family is always late and so is DH. It drives me crazy. I tell people half hour early if I know they are constantly late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:24 PM
We've started doing that

Quoting Spam72: I would leave my house a half hour after they should have come. Go out to dinner and if they call say you will be there when you finish.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM

We call that "Moroccan Standard time" in my household. Moroccans are notorious for that. Last minute plan changes or arriving 2-3 hours late.  If I want them on time, I tell them the wrong time on purpose. Say we have to be somewhere at 12, I tell them 10 :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I find arriving early to be just as rude as arriving late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I find arriving early to be just as rude as arriving late.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)