• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Anyone else as frustrated as I am?? I am pregnant with my 3rd child, just got laid off, by my job and now I have to get food stamps and the process is taking forever.  so tonight I am having some ramen noodles. though they make me even more nauseous.    and my kids are going to have half of my can of noodles.  :(    I just wonder why they couldn't have laid me off a month ago when I had another job offer.  now that offer is gone.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Goodness no, I couldn't imagine. I'm so sorry.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I'm sorry. :-(
APunchInTheFace
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Were you not saving money from your job, while you were working?

I couldn't imagine not having money to feed my kids.
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM
I'm sorry. That's rough. Do you have an SO? Since this is a third child and being pregnant..., or maybe the father can help out? For nausea take less drowsy Dramamine. It's otc and safe. It will cure that right away. 😄 only take it twice a day max.
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ramen noodles comes in a can?

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Where's the father of your kids, can he help? Were you living paycheck to paycheck?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I am a single mother and living paycheck to paycheck. There wasn't any extra to save. and I meant to say the box not can. I have no idea why I typed that.      I was on birth control and everything but things happen.   and my two kids were from a previous marriage and they haven't seen him in years.   

But I will keep trekking.  Thanks for the judgement.  I am doing the best I can.

.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I am not. My life is going pretty damn good right now. I'm sorry you're having it rough. It'll get better soon.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM
We had ramen today, it was pretty good actually. Reminds me of being a kid. My parents used to make it all the time.

Sorry you're having a rough time. Hope things get better for you. Do your best to stay positive. Your kids will need someone to reassure them everything will be ok.

While you're waiting for food stamps, I'd suggest talking with the churches and nearest food banks to your area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)