Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KInda bummed out.....

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

My husband had to work on Christmas eve and Christmas night. He works the overnight shift, so he gets home at about 9:00 am, hangs out for about an hour, then sleeps until 5 or 6 pm. There are only a couple of hours between waking and leaving for work.

He has to also work New Years Eve and New Years day.

He has tonight and tomorrow night off, but he found out this morning that his boss has him scheduled to work 10 days straight starting day after tomorrow.

My youngest's birthday is Jan. 6th. He didn't ask for the time off, because he was already going to be off the night before. Now, he will be working.

I AM glad that he has a job to go to....I am just sad that he is having to miss ALL of the important celebrations.

I guess I am getting kind of lonely....

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Make plans to do something fun on his next day off.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM

We will. That's not really the issue...

Christmas Eve, I was alone with my youngest. Christmas Day(night) I was alone with both girls.

It'll be a repeat on New Years. And my youngest's birthday.

Just makes me sad. I miss being able to spend time with my husband, where he wasn't exhausted or about ready to have to leave.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Racer15
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I know how you feel from the other side. I've worked every major holiday this year and missed a lot of family time. I got really upset last night because my mom came over to take me out to lunch and help me deep clean my living room and it just made me realize how much I've been missing. Sorry he's having to work so much, it's not fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I understand. My dh works a lot of overtime. It gets old after awhile. I just try to think about how much debt we have paid off thanks to his job.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

We will. That's not really the issue...

Christmas Eve, I was alone with my youngest. Christmas Day(night) I was alone with both girls.

It'll be a repeat on New Years. And my youngest's birthday.

Just makes me sad. I miss being able to spend time with my husband, where he wasn't exhausted or about ready to have to leave.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I understand my DH had to fly home Christmas day to work the next day.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I know it is hard on him too. I try not to make a big deal out of it to him. He is a hard working man that is a great provider, and I know how much he loves all of us....but knowing that makes me miss him more, the less I see him.

I hope that you find a way to be able to get more time with your family soon!

Quoting Racer15: I know how you feel from the other side. I've worked every major holiday this year and missed a lot of family time. I got really upset last night because my mom came over to take me out to lunch and help me deep clean my living room and it just made me realize how much I've been missing. Sorry he's having to work so much, it's not fun.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I understand my husbands A nurse and it can be really hard with him missing the holidays.
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM

That's true. He gets double time for each holiday...For the wallet, not such a bad thing...

I'll get past it. Once we get past my daughter's birthday. Fortunately, it is only her 3rd, so she won't really think too much about him not being there. I think she will be otherwise occupied. LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: I understand. My dh works a lot of overtime. It gets old after awhile. I just try to think about how much debt we have paid off thanks to his job.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I feel you :( mine works straight through for two weeks at a time. He had to go to work the Tuesday before Christmas and wont be off until the Tuesday after New Years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh...Sorry.

Your husband will be off on my dd's birthday! LOL

Quoting Roxygurl: I feel you :( mine works straight through for two weeks at a time. He had to go to work the Tuesday before Christmas and wont be off until the Tuesday after New Years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)