• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grandmas ring and guilt...years later

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I cared for my grandparents when i was younger (early 20s) (im a nurse) cared for them full time. They passed and she left me her mothers ring which she loved. I fell into a desperate time due to takin time off from my job to care for them (upon return to work they had very few hours avail for me) and i had to sell the ring. Bills needed paid. Shit happens i guess. Well, im hitting 40 and lately ive been overwhelmed with horrible guilt over letting that ring go. I have no idea why im feeling this way all these years later. Thoughts? Anyone? Please and thank you :)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM

As we get older we get more sentimental. I bet it was hard to sell that ring. Imagine how much harder your life would have been had you not. try to look at it as grandma gave you something that was help to help you stay afloat during rough times. Hopefully that will ease your mind a it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

As we get older we get more sentimental. I bet it was hard to sell that ring. Imagine how much harder your life would have been had you not. try to look at it as grandma gave you something that was help to help you stay afloat during rough times. Hopefully that will ease your mind a it.

Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

wow

sorry I hope you feel better.

It would be tough for me to reconcile.

but you did what you had to do right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Thank you:) Was very hard but yes at the time i didnt have much of a choice. Sucks to think back on it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

wow

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Thank you:) Was very hard but yes at the time i didnt have much of a choice. Sucks to think back on it

Quoting Foolynroo2:

wow

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I lost a ring given to me by my grandmother, years ago. I still feel a small bit of guilt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
:( im sorry

Quoting Jblb: I lost a ring given to me by my grandmother, years ago. I still feel a small bit of guilt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)