Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NYE Dinner Party Menu

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:27 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm throwing a dinner party for 8 people on NYE. I can't use potatoes, nuts, peanuts or shellfish due to allergies of guests, none are vegetarian or anything like that.

So far, I'm planning on:
Various appetizers (charcuterie, cheeses, crudite)
Pelmeni (Russian meat ravioli, just a bite or two as a nod to our heritage)
Garlicky Cornish hens
Rice pilaf
Roasted asparagus
A dessert provided by one of the guests
Wine and other drinks, both alcoholic and not.

Are there any changes you would make? Additions? Suggestions?
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMary
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea what half that shit is, but if you're making alot of food, surely it will be good.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Invite me!
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I just hope it turns out how I'm imagining. I don't want to burn anything.
momma-flynn
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good to me. Way fancier than our party will be. We're having fried turkey, beans, Mac and cheese, jello salad and chips with different dips.
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM
The only thing I could think of is that I would probably have a backup dessert JUST IN CASE the person bringing it forgot about any of the restrictions, or maybe ask several people and set up a gorgeous dessert bar to end the evening.
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Now that sounds amazing, too! Just two different kinds of parties.

How do you make your Mac and Cheese?

Quoting momma-flynn: Sounds good to me. Way fancier than our party will be. We're having fried turkey, beans, Mac and cheese, jello salad and chips with different dips.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

A spinach cold pasta salad. You need something hearty and refreshing. The menu looks delicious. 

Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Great idea! I don't have a salad at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

A spinach cold pasta salad. You need something hearty and refreshing. The menu looks delicious. 

momma-flynn
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I use different cheeses depending on my mood. I use cream, butter and a little Velveeta for the base. Then I add whatever other cheese I'm in the mood for. I season with garlic, white pepper and paprika.

Quoting Mixer_Star: Now that sounds amazing, too! Just two different kinds of parties.

Quoting momma-flynn: Sounds good to me. Way fancier than our party will be. We're having fried turkey, beans, Mac and cheese, jello salad and chips with different dips.
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM
That sounds wonderful. I could eat some Mac and Cheese right now!

Quoting momma-flynn: I use different cheeses depending on my mood. I use cream, butter and a little Velveeta for the base. Then I add whatever other cheese I'm in the mood for. I season with garlic, white pepper and paprika.

Quoting Mixer_Star: Now that sounds amazing, too! Just two different kinds of parties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)