Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

health insurance and a failing business are going to be the death of me yet!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

Right now dh and I are going through a rough patch. Dh's remodeling company isn't doing so well. It's winter not many people are remodeling during the winter specially during the holidays. We had some emergency fund set aside for times like this but recently my children's health insurance was cancled and we had to put them on our health insurance which raised our rates by $400. Until we got them put on our insurance we had to pay out of pocket for all of my son's meds and doctor appointments. That totalled about $600 a month.

Mind you I do work. I am a part time house keeper. I make about $320 a week. We can't live off of that. Dh applied for a job delivering newspapers locally. he'd be working 1am to 6am 5 days a week. it pays $500 a week. He's still going to run his remodeling company during the day but we need to make up the income dh's business isn't making until it picks back up.

We've gotten behind on some bills and have had to go to our local food bank to help put food in the fridge at times to help get us through til payday. I'm hoping this new year will bring us out of this funk that we have gotten into over the past 3 months. 

I knew kids costed alot but when you have two kids with special needs it's a whole hell of a lot more. Does this make me a bad parent? I feel like a bad parent.....ugh! 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)