Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom told me I can't have more kids....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 176 Replies
3 moms liked this
I just had my third daughter this month. I thought this was going to be my last, but she has got me on the fence about wanting a fourth! I even told my doctor who was getting ready to tie my tubes that I changed my mind. I decided that we would wait 5 years and I'm going to get an IUD.
Well my mom told me that I better not have another. That three was enough, and its my sisters' turns to give her grandkids.
Which I don't understand why she would say that! I graduated from college, my Dh and I pay our own bills, we have a house etc. I've never asked her for help, not even to watch them. I am just irritated she would say that to me! Makes me feel sad and discouraged. I know four kids will be a lot, but DH and I wanted a big family. We completely support our kids, with no outside help, I don't see why she feels like she can tell me how many kids to have.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoch86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:14 PM
30 moms liked this

She can't.. Plain and simple. Tell her you will have as many kids as you please, and if she doesn't like it, she doesn't need to be part of their lives.

jcpeters0320
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM
16 moms liked this
So her logic is that as long as your body is carrying a child, your sister cannot? So you having another makes it physically impossible for her to? Wow. Ok. It is none of her business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM
5 moms liked this
I would just say 'thanks mom, but it's my choice. Not yours'. Also, kudos for waiting. Anything could happen that may not make #4 a possibility
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this
She can't. Tell her to shove it. My mil has tried to sway us to her way of thinking as far as kids go. Dh shuts her down fast. That's what you have to do with people like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this

She honestly has no say in how many children you ultimately decide to have.  That is completely up to you and your dh.  

Now if you were living with your mother and she was helping to support you and your children, that would be a totally different situation.

BTW- my sister and I gave birth within a week of each other. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah we wanted to wait because the older 2 will be in school already, and our newest Dd will be 5 and preparing for kindergarten. We also wanted to wait in case we do decide three is enough for us, since you never know how life could play out,

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would just say 'thanks mom, but it's my choice. Not yours'. Also, kudos for waiting. Anything could happen that may not make #4 a possibility
AngelSinger
by Angel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
She has no horse in this race. Ignore her.
yorkiemum
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

i would have simply said,  "eh, not your call"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I could never live with her!!! I moved out when I was 16!! She wasn't mucj of a mother when I was younger, but that is a different story. She's just now trying to make up for it.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

She honestly has no say in how many children you ultimately decide to have.  That is completely up to you and your dh.  

Now if you were living with your mother and she was helping to support you and your children, that would be a totally different situation.

BTW- my sister and I gave birth within a week of each other. 

ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM
3 moms liked this

How many children you decide is between you, DH, and the doctor. Any one else's opinion is just that, an opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)