Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

change in priorities....

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
DH and I moved to Texas for our careers. After visiting for the holiday, I think we made a mistake. I sitting on the couch, drowning my sadness in ice cream, and wishing we were back in Louisiana. This sucks. I miss our families and as our parents are getting older I realize that we only have a finite amount of time left. I just don't see how moving four kids would be fair or feasible.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Bump
AngelSinger
by Angel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
((Hugs))
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It's rough I know. I wish I knew what to tell you, I only see my dad about six maybe eight times a year and he's only a 150 miles away... but for us, we are where we need to be. I'm sorry you're homesick. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

(((HUGS)))

Perhaps after the Holidays are over you will feel  differently. You may just be feeling a little homesick....kwim

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We moved for work too and I also hate where we are =( Can I have some ice cream?

smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Thanks. I just miss the slower pace of life and our families so much. Damn it I'm crying now. Lol.

There are no easy answers with this situation.

Quoting the_dude:

It's rough I know. I wish I knew what to tell you, I only see my dad about six maybe eight times a year and he's only a 150 miles away... but for us, we are where we need to be. I'm sorry you're homesick. 

smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. I have homemade blueberry and bread pudding ice cream. Lol

Quoting littlesippycup:

We moved for work too and I also hate where we are =( Can I have some ice cream?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Awww... I hate where we live too. I really can't wait for the day we can GTFO out of this city.
smurfette1903
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I think it's definitely a possibility. I know DH misses everyone also. I know my kids like it down there but I just can't pull them from schools that they are doing so well in.

Quoting Sassy762:

(((HUGS)))

Perhaps after the Holidays are over you will feel  differently. You may just be feeling a little homesick....kwim

talipa
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Same here but my husband and I left our native country. We do REALLY well here in the US but we miss home terribly. The economic situation back home is just not great though :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)