Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family drama wwyd

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:35 PM
  • 67 Replies
Long story short my brother and my SO don't get along because of things that has happend in the past, ny brother and his family was here not toong ago and there was some drama because my brother said some pretty messed up things to our boys when my SO didn't want them around him in the first place.

Well I just got a invite to his twins baptism, after his SO sent out the invite on fb she meg me and saying my brother asked that I come without my just me and the kids. I told her no would not leave my SO out and I'm not going to go against him like I did the last time, I love him but it's time to put all this petty stuff in the past and move on.

She wrote me back and said my brother says he still feels the same way he felt the last time we spoke and if I wanted to put my SO before family go ahead but he would never be able to forgive him and neither should I. I didn't say anything back I don't have it in me to contuine going on like this with him I love my brother to death but I'm so over th is.

If you were in my shoes wwyd.... I'm not going back on my work I just want to see what other would and this will more then likely be a post and run
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kendoll
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
This isn't about the familial issues, it's about supporting the twins in their baptism. So I think you should put aside the drama to attend the babies' event.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:41 PM
If they don't get along and it'll just create more drama and issues, then I would just distance myself for awhile. I would skip any events that SO isn't invited to.

People need to realize that you have to treat others nicely and respectfully or you won't be around......I know my family will treat me like shit then expect me to still call and show up for things, when I don't they have a fit and I explain that being blood doesn't mean you get to be a jerk to one another.
ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't go myself and I would actually be the one backing away.

Whether he likes it or not, you are married to your husband and your brother doesn't have the right to dictate what goes on in your marriage. If your brother doesn't want your husband to be part of his family gatherings/events, then it is within your brother's right to exclude; however, it is within your right to not attend as well due to the exclusion.

valdez-tribe
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:43 PM
They don't live in the same state I would be traveling with 4 kids and a new born alone not happening and if is going to be petty and ask that my SO not come my SO isn't going to want me to take the kids after what he said to them the last time he was here

Quoting kendoll: This isn't about the familial issues, it's about supporting the twins in their baptism. So I think you should put aside the drama to attend the babies' event.
motherofzandz
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Why do you keep making these post? People aren't going to support your abusive dh. Your life sounds like a mess, why publish it for the world to witness???
Mom.of.2.inLove
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
What did ur so do that's so horrible?
eadyT
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I put up with that stuff from my sister for too long. I finally got fed up and I have nothing ti do with her now. If your SO is that important to you I wouldn't go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Your DH is abusive???

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Remember your vows to "forsake all others"
Is it worth a hole in your marriage?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I'd just tell my SIL that until my brother learns how to behave himself and not use my kids as a way to get at my DH, I'm not going to socialize with him further.  The kids should never have been put in the middle of this.

I'd send the twins a nice gift and leave it at that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)