Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband has to be up at 4am...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
And I don't know what I should do. I set his alarm, as always, and put it in the bedroom, as always.

But he is asleep in the living room.

I tried waking him. He just crossed his arms tightly and pulled away from me, like when he's mad. (I don't understand why he would be though??)

If I take the alarm in the living room and lay it beside him and he comes in here later he won't see it and the. He'll get really mad at me.

If I leave it and he never comes in here I might accidentally sleep through it. And he will be really mad at me.

I hate when he's mad because he treats me like crap. And freezes me out. And yells a lot.

I could just stay up... It's only 4 more hours. But damn. I don't wanna.

What would you do?

Take it to him?
Leave it?
Stay up?
Try to wake him again? (He might get mad.)

???
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BatmanWondaWomn
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Why does he sleep in the living room?
CaptD2
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds emotionally abusive. What would I do? I'd leave him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Do you have no self respect woman!? He needs to man up and take care of his own shit. I personally would set my alarm and make sure he is up. But then again, my husband is not an asshat and would do the same for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't even set his alarm. Is he 5?! If he's going to treat you like crap for trying to take care of him then screw him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM
He has never given me a reason before. He stays in there until after I fall asleep. I've asked but he just gets mad at me for asking. So I dropped it.

Quoting BatmanWondaWomn: Why does he sleep in the living room?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I am exhausted. Sick infant. I can almost promise that once I fall asleep nothing nut my child's cries could wake me. Alarm included. I have no recollection of the alarm going off at all in the last 2 months. I know it does go off, I don't hear it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do you have no self respect woman!? He needs to man up and take care of his own shit. I personally would set my alarm and make sure he is up. But then again, my husband is not an asshat and would do the same for me.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Seriously? I would just go to bed. It's his responsibility to get himself up.

ladyluvbug03
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM
What I'd do is different than what you would. Dh doesn't treat me like that. If i was you I'd leave, If you feel this way over an alarm how do you handle big things or see yourself staying with him?
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You wake his ass up. Tell him come to bed or come get your alarm clock I'm going to sleep. Then you go to bed and ignore any angry words he has for you.

He's an adult, time to be responsible for his own alarm and where he falls asleep.

2012Rabbit12
by JoseManuelVargas on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Hi. I see your problem. But he has to learn how to take care of himself. Go to sleep, don't worry about it for now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)