Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE being a statistic!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My husband had an affair 3 years ago it started when our youngest was 9mths old and ended after I found out 3 months later. It was with a very close friend of mine who was also my kids baby sitter. It was over the Holidays that this affair took place and of course every holiday brings back these memories. We are in counseling still partly because it took us this long to find one that could help but also because we still need it. I love him and know we can continue to work through this but sometimes I still wonder if is the right path. I feel like a statistic at times and a fool other times. Other times I feel it's the best decision to stay with him especially since we have two kids who deserve mom and dad trying their very hardest to work through it. He does work very hard at it sometimes I feel he works harder at our marriage then I don't:0( doubt many will read this but it feels better just putting something in writing.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry :(
Donna.June
by Pigpen on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't stay with someone who cheats. I wouldn't stay together for the kids either.

I understand kids should have both parents, but it's not right. My mom stayed with my dad after he cheated. She wanted us to have our parents together. My sisters and I wanted them divorced. It was such a horrible upbringing.

I have five and another on the way. I would leave dh if cheated and he knows this.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I read it and I hope you feel better for having written it.
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Only you know if it's worth it for you to stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM
I always said I would too and i would never look back! Then it actually happened and it's way harder to walk away especially after 10 years and 2 kids. i for most of the time feel very positive with my decision to stay and work it out but everyonce and awhile I get these glimpses of what it could be like to leave and move on.

Quoting Donna.June: I wouldn't stay with someone who cheats. I wouldn't stay together for the kids either.

I understand kids should have both parents, but it's not right. My mom stayed with my dad after he cheated. She wanted us to have our parents together. My sisters and I wanted them divorced. It was such a horrible upbringing.

I have five and another on the way. I would leave dh if cheated and he knows this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Thank you it certainly does help!

Quoting Danesmommy1: I read it and I hope you feel better for having written it.
Fairest1ofall
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this
People can change, I would give it one more try. But really a fair try with the past behind you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Technically everyone is a statistic. Do what's best for you & your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM
So very true I like that thanks!!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Technically everyone is a statistic. Do what's best for you & your family.

squeekers
by squeekers on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs)))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)