Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get him out of this?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

On the plane with DH and he tells me that he said that he told one of DS9 friends that he would spend the day there tomorrow, but being the a typical male he forgot to tell our nanny before we left. No problem, I will email her, which friend?

Shit.

The poor boy isn't one of DS9 friends, they are in the same class at school and he has Asperger's, which in itself isn't an issue, but he can be very overbearing and he doesn't understand social ques, so he doesn't have a lot of friends. My son suffers from really bad social anxiety (he had selective mutism until he was seven) and the kid just completely overwhelms and stresses him out.

I took both my nine year olds over to their house to play earlier this year, and it was a disaster, which is weird because my sons anxiety usually disappears when his brother is there, but it was a bad experience for him. Very stressful. Since then his mom has become convinced that her son and my son are really good friends and get along really well. Every time I see her at school she  asks when we can do again, and I just tell her she that we are very busy. She texts me at least once a fortnight, which I never respond to, but she just doesn't seem to get the message.

Well, she left a message in my sons bag, that my husband got when he was going through the school notices. He sent a lovely letter back saying that we would be thrilled to come over. No DH, we are not thrilled. However, he didn't actually confirm any dates or details with her. He didn't respond to any of it. She sent a few texts messages saying that they are looking forward to seeing us and all that jazz, right up until a couple of days ago.

So because DH never responded I'm thinking that we can just pretend that we never got the messages about the details. But that would be evil, wouldn't it? DS has to go, doesn't he?

School yard politics man. On a break as well. I'm flying over the pacific ocean and I am still can't get away from it, it has now literally followed me half way across the world.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Just tell them something came up and you have to cancel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Just send a message that you are out of town and can not make the play date. Where ya going?

supermama322
by Kaylee on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Got my popcorn. Just here for the comments!
fightlikegirl5
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Fortnight....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM

ugh.  Just stop.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM
This. Or say something like youd rather do playdates than have the nanny do them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Just send a message that you are out of town and can not make the play date. Where ya going?

crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Are you ever home
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Just here for the comments. Lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Just say in the excitement of the trip you forgot all about it and apologize.

And points for using ques and fortnight in an MC post. You're a troll, but a well spoken one and I am a word nerd enough to enjoy it.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Want some of my popcorn???

Quoting vegaswife2011: Just here for the comments. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)