Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tacky to add this to a birthday invite?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

My son got the new skylanders game for Christmas however his birthday is about a month away. All he has really asked for is more skylanders would it be tacky to add somewhere on his invites his wish list from game stop, most are the pre owe need ones that cost under five dollars? 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Are you inviting strangers? Tell friends and relatives, get some yourself, and if he tells his friends cool, if not, picking out the gift is part of the fun for a lot of kids.
Amybelle
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't, My Mama taught me "It's NOT polite to ask for Gifts"

clligatoraoffee
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:03 AM
It wouldn't bother me. But my oldest dd got invited to a birthday party and I have no idea what to get the kid. I have one boy and he's only 2 so I have no clue what boys like lol. I'm just letting her pick out a birthday card and giving cash.
Ray-of-Beezy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:03 AM
I'd just list where his wish list can be found if they plan to bring a gift (make it clear it isn't a requirement), but I wouldn't include the wishlist itself.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:04 AM

I would put it on close friends of yours or family's invites, but not just for random kids you're inviting.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I would "hint" to family  but not put it on the invitation

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Depends on who it is. If it's close friends or family they should either know (because you've talked yo them recently and dropped hints) or they have asked. If they aren't close, then no.
acastle2
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Do the invites in skylanders theme. I tend to get a feel for a kid by the theme on the card if I don't know them personally.
Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Are these relatives?  If so I think a word to the wise is ok in a conversation.

If this is his friends coming to a party; yes it is tacky.  Have you thought about sending skylanders invitations?  It is a hint.  If someone calls and askes you, of course you can tell them.

A person should be happy for the pleasure of his guests company and be thrilled if they are kind enough to bering any gift.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:11 AM

You are stuck in a situation that could help if you added it to the invite, but please don't.  An invite with instruction on how to dress, what to bring as a gift is an invite most would not attend.  It is terrible etiquette.  You would be surprise at the number of people that will bring it, but the talk they have with each other about you asking for it specifically is not worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)