Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister weighs 74 pounds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

And she looks disgusting.  I'm not sure if she's anorexic, bulemic or both.  She recently drank herself unconsious (while watching her 2 sons and her niece and nephew), got into a wrestling match with our other sister when she tried to leave with her sons, hit her head and stopped breathing.  She was rushed to the hospital where she weighed in at 74 pounds. 

She went to a mental health facility for 3 days, then was sent home.  Of course at the time she said that everything would be different after she got home, but she seems to be acting the same as she did before.  I don't know what to do for her or how to help her.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:42 AM
How tall.is she? And yea I'd say she is an alcoholic and probably does coke/speed hence the low weight... I hope she accepts help if its offered
drowningmama
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:42 AM
She has to want to help herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:44 AM

She's about 5'7".  I was just looking at pictures of her when she gave birth to her youngest son (who is 6) and she looks like a completely different person.  :(

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:50 AM

You can't help her. She has to help herself. She is clearly anorexic  but has to want to get better.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:52 AM

You do nothing for her. She has to help herself.

You contact CPS and get the children removed from her custody. She is obviously in no position to be a mother to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Sounds like drugs to me...meth and/or opiates.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this

CPS is involved.  Because her resperitory arrest resulted from the wrestling match with our sister, the police came and took a report, then got CPS involved.

Quoting csxt99:

You do nothing for her. She has to help herself.

You contact CPS and get the children removed from her custody. She is obviously in no position to be a mother to them.

kristawilder
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:06 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. All you can do is support your sister & try and get her the help she needs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)