Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its new years eve and dh wont let me drink, its been a stressful year. i want a freaking drink damn it!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Ok, to start with I don't normally drink. In fact the last time I had anything was when we got married last year. I don't normally like the taste of most alcohol, but I have been known to drink just for the hell of it. I simply choose not to. However it's been a very stressful year, we moved, Dh has been working crazy hours. Two miscarriages and and a friend attempting suicide... as I said this year has been stressful, I asked Dh if he could bring some wine coolers home and he said no! We have been trying for another baby, he worries it would hurt our efforts.. I'm so pissed now, I'm stuck at home all day with two unruly children and I can't even have a soak in the tub with a wine cooler to relax!?

My new years is screwed, I'm miserable and I can't wait for this year to end!!

What's your plans?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:19 AM

I'm going to be at home. Play a little UO, watch a little TV, and go to bed when I'm tired. I can't drink so it's not a big deal to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Have a drink damn it!  As long as you know you're not pregnant now, then there's absolutely no harm in it.  I will be hanging out at home with dh and the kids, watching tv and sipping champagne.  

autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
7 moms liked this

your mistake was in asking him. 

elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
I can't drink. I don't want to anyways. Probably home with kids and dh, a few appetizers, a fizzy non alcoholic beverage, and the ball drop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Why he wont agree to a little wine?  You could go to the store and buy some you know.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:27 AM

I would go buy the wine coolers and have that soak. 

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:27 AM
2 moms liked this

First off, don't let your husband tell you what you can and can't do, and secondly, if you're not even pregnant, you can drink what you want. Stress can keep women from getting pregnant, not drinking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:29 AM
I know I am not pregnant, I just got done with my period a few days ago. He worries it will affect later, even though he knows it won't. He has to work tomorrow night, he wants to drink a little tonight after work so one of us needs to keep an eye on the kids. Even though I don't plan to get drunk, I just want a little buzz to help me relax. I have been so pinned up the last few months, I need something to take the edge away. The only thing we have in the house is blood Mary mix and vodka. Both of them make me sick, so that idea is out. Which is why I asked for wine coolers.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Have a drink damn it!  As long as you know you're not pregnant now, then there's absolutely no harm in it.  I will be hanging out at home with dh and the kids, watching tv and sipping champagne.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:32 AM
Smoke my beloved Mary Jane and relax.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:33 AM
He has the car and there is almost a foot of snow outside my door. So how exactly am I to get there with two small children in tow? Which is why I asked him to pick some up when he got off work tonight. If he's going to buy beer then he should be able to grab a few drinks for me as well.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Why he wont agree to a little wine?  You could go to the store and buy some you know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)