Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice needed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So DF and i broke up about 3 months ago. Ive been dating around and only came across jerks who live with their mom and only want to screw me and thats about it. I was just going to give up and wait on the right guy to come around. I am a good woman who works all the time. I have a 2yo DS. All ive ever wanted was to be happy and make someone else happy. So i met this guy online who lives an hour away from me. We have been chatting and talking on the phone for maybe a month. He asked me to vome see him 2 weeks ago. I was a little unsure at first because i dont really go to peoples houses that i dont know. He ordered a pizza and we sat at his table and talked for a few hours. We hit it off. He is basically everything i was looking for in a guy. He has his own house/car, has a paycheck that is comparable to mine, no kids, he is going through a divorce after seperating from his wife in July. Since then i have been to his house three more times and spent the night twice. We both agreed that sex isnt something were ready to do yet. I want to date and take it slow because i really like him. When he kisses me i feel like i could fly off of buildings. For some reason after i see him he kinda avoids my text messages and phone calls. I get antsy and inpatient. Not only that he is always on the dating website and i feel this overwhelming feeling that maybe im not the one. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:32 AM
BUMP
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

He is just not that into you

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:32 AM
I wasn't ready to date after only 3 months breakup. Follow your gut, you probably aren't the only one. Have the conversation with him, ask him.
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Do not bring anyone who met online around your kid and be damn careful yourself. Trust your instincts, and they are telling you that something is not right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:36 AM

He's just not that into you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:41 AM
You probably do need time to heal, breakups are hard and it's easy to want to jump right in but unfortunately that urge tends to make us overlook a lot. If he's still openly looking for women then that's a big red flag, same with him being distant.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:43 AM
He's not even divorced yet so it seems like he's not ready for something long term. Have you two talked about what you're looking for?

Who keeps your son while you're there? Don't bring him around anyone, until you're 100% sure that it is going somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Trust your gut.

Behaviour = not a nice guy.

You are one of many for whatever reason.

Arent you suposed to meet people in public places first so you can get to know them safely.  

Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:45 AM
He's keep keeping his options open. You are more into him than he is to you. Keep your options open too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I would never...you have to be really special to meet my kid

Quoting susannah2000:

Do not bring anyone who met online around your kid and be damn careful yourself. Trust your instincts, and they are telling you that something is not right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)