Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I over reacting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Dh called and asked if he could grab a drink w a colleague last night-I said of course. He never goes out. They just closed a huge deal (finally). I called him back to ask something else and said, oh who are you going out with? he goes" Erin..er..Andrew. Or Steve." I was like, what? who is Erin? he's all, I didn't mean to say Erin, I meant Andrew. I grilled him who Erin is and he got pissed off and told me I am being ridiculous. I went to bed before he got home last night. Not sure what to say this am. I know he's not currently cheating, he's always home or at work. There aren't many women at work…but why would erin come out of his mouth, if, as he swears, he doesn't know an erin?????? and pls…try to be helpful and not make this worse unless you really think it is.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Freudian slip perhaps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Yeah that's weird, and he sounds like he's not a good lier. He got very defensive quickly.
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Hmm. Have you made a big deal before about him having female friends? Is there also a Steve there, or is it only Erin/"Andrew"? Yeah I would be upset about a lie, but not so much about a female being there.
alli1204
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I would think that was strange and I would definitely discuss it further with him
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Erin could be Aaron.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Maybe it was Aaron.

TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Total Freudian slip.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:19 AM

He's really not a good liar. Planned a surprise party once and he stinks at it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah that's weird, and he sounds like he's not a good lier. He got very defensive quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It's mostly his unease and defensiveness now.

Quoting ttriddick: Hmm. Have you made a big deal before about him having female friends? Is there also a Steve there, or is it only Erin/"Andrew"? Yeah I would be upset about a lie, but not so much about a female being there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM

He never once denied Erin being a woman. You'd think he would if it was an Aaron.

Quoting MichLW69: Erin could be Aaron.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)