Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

someone else be his mother for a day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Omg. I cannot stand him right now. He's 9 years old going on 17, thinking he owns the world.

Trying to make him do homework. His handwriting is horrible. I swear he did it on purpose, twice. Yep, I erased and erased it. He can do better and damn it, he will. I'm sick of him thinking he can rush through shit and do a half assed job.

He slammed his hand down on the table so i did it too. Probably scared the shit outta him but at least he's writing decently. I mean, i can tell what he's trying to write at least. Which is far better than the scribbles he was trying to do before.

It's not even 9 am. This shit needs to be done before we go to help move a friend.

Pretty sure I'm seriously just angry at the world but ds isn't helping by writing like he's a 2 year old.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Well, your approach is counterproductive.
He has school?
Ours go back the 5th.
Anyway, you're just acting nine like him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Eh. Not really (about counter productive). He went from scribbles to eligible handwriting.

He doesn't start until the 5th, but he still has 3 projects to do. I made him do a rough draft for project 1 before Christmas, let him fuck around Christmas eve and day and he's been avoiding it since until today, when I'm making his little butt sit and do it. Yes, avoidance has gotten him into trouble. No, it doesn't phase him.

He has to finish writing it (a little booklet) and draw the pictures (project 1), make a poster (project 2) and write about what the holiday means to him (project 3, 2 pages, handwritten)...

We still have to help move the friend, go to salvation army and hope they have resources, i need to look into rehab facilities. Pretty sure no one else is gonna help with the move so I'm stressing on how we're gonna get a truck, who can help, given its cold outside, and NYE, bc i can't do it myself and she's too old to help. (Found out she has to move yesterday. Whoever turned off their heat, even though everything is paid until mid Jan).

I have enough going on, without him acting like he can rush through it and I won't care that no one can read it, even himself.

Quoting TheRingmaster: Well, your approach is counterproductive.
He has school?
Ours go back the 5th.
Anyway, you're just acting nine like him.
Sally-Diane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Deep breath mama! It will all work out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:22 AM
God I hope so. I'm ready to go cry in the corner. Project 1 is done, I'm gonna make him sit and write his paper while we do the move.

Right now, trying to get him to read. He skipping words, paragraphs and entire pages, thinking I won't catch on. I've had to borrow two of each book from the library so i can follow along with him, no matter what else I'm supposed to be doing, and if he doesn't want to sit by me, i can still see what he's supposed to be reading.

Quoting Sally-Diane: Deep breath mama! It will all work out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Personally, I would've let natural consequences occur. If he wants to write poorly, I'd warn him of what will happen at school, then let him decide and deal with the choice he made
Charity83
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Do you live in Iowa? I'd be happy to trade sometimes :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:27 AM
He's already gonna be held behind. He doesn't care.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Personally, I would've let natural consequences occur. If he wants to write poorly, I'd warn him of what will happen at school, then let him decide and deal with the choice he made
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Loll i wish! In Ohio here.

Quoting Charity83: Do you live in Iowa? I'd be happy to trade sometimes :)
Snowbunnies45
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:28 AM
How about you stop acting lik a baby.

Or you could take my 13 month old who was up until 3am and woke up at 9am so I can catch up on my sleep....that's a lot more important then crying over some homework
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM
There's also no natural consequences, like the school doesn't seem to care if he writes badly.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Personally, I would've let natural consequences occur. If he wants to write poorly, I'd warn him of what will happen at school, then let him decide and deal with the choice he made
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)