Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No one likes me at work and it's starting to bother me. ***Updated***

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 56 Replies
I was hired 3 months ago to be the accountant. I have a strong medical billing background also. My prior job was part time and the new job said i could have flex hours here. I work from home also sometimes.

Shortly after starting I was put on some billing projects that needed cleaned up.

I am assuming that their problem with me is the flex time I have, the ability to work from home and the close nature of which I have to work with the owner and CEO.

No one ever talks to me. They don't say good morning. Good night. They order food together and never ask me. They walk by my office and put things in my box even though my door is open and they can give it to me.

I have tried. I speak to them. But it's not well received.

I'm use to being a manager, and being "lonely at the top". But this is just isolating and depressing.

****We had a 1/2 day today and right before we left the owner and CEO called me into a closed door meeting to tell me that they are firing the Practice Manager and promoting me. He will make the announcement Monday. He said he had it planned from the beginning when he hired me. I had no idea. I will be everyone's boss right under the owner and CEO. So now I'm really going to be the outcast. I need to grow thicker skin obviously!
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM
4 moms liked this
That's really sad. It sounds like maybe they are jealous of the situation with you and the boss. You are better off without them. They're showing you their true colors. Go to work, do your job and leave the pleasantries for outside of work. Sadly this is a situation where it's going to be strictly professional. That's how it is sometimes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:17 AM

It's work, not social hour.  You are there to make money, not friends. Grow up.

karlie2
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Awww that sucks.
I don't fit in where I work right now either. It's tough.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:18 AM
I hope I fit in at my new job :/
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this

they're not worth it. it may be lonely, but that's your job not your life. you still have friends and family, you don't need them.

calcalmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you're better off without them and I agree with above poster. They may be scared or intimidated by what you do.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
And one more thing, you walk to work with your head up and smiling. Do not let them know what they're doing gets to you.
ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Bring in donuts for them and break the ice. Smile to them every day and say hello.

bribri1980
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM
That could be it.

I have never done anything with coworkers outside of jobs, but I have always gotten alone well with them during work. This is the first time in 25 years and 12 jobs this has happened

Quoting .PinkSunshine.: That's really sad. It sounds like maybe they are jealous of the situation with you and the boss. You are better off without them. Theyre showing you their true colors. Go to work, do your job and leave the pleasantries for outside of work. Sadly this is a situation where it's going to be strictly professional. That's how it is sometimes
karlie2
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Yes, but you spend a lot of time at work. Humans are social beings. We don't do well being isolated or rejected.

quote name="Anonymous 1" id="0"]

It's work, not social hour.  You are there to make money, not friends. Grow up.

[/quote]
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)