Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's too early for this bs but I already have a walmart story

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this
I went to walmart to get a new sweater than I have been eyeing. I have not bought new clothes since my babies were in diapers. Figured I would get groceries while I was there. DS noticed a toy he wanted and asked if he could get it. I told him if the total came to $70 or under he could get the toy because that's all I had on me or he could wait til next week. He was okay with this and i didn't get his hopes up.

When the total was higher and I had to put something back, he took the toy off. The woman in line behind me told me that I was terrible for teasing DS and when I chose to become a mom, I chose to put myself last and my sweater needs to go back not the toy. I told her no and she told DS to give her the toy to buy since mom was so selfish.
Ds told her no, mom is awesome and I have all kinds of toys at home so I can wait a week.

I love my boy
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calcalmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:17 AM
What a nosey b****! Your son responded wonderfully :)
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM

<3 I hate nosey people. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally off topic but why are you buying random toys not even a week after Christmas?

Eta: Cool your tatas, girls, and quit quoting me unless you have something original to add to the first 3 quotes. Op didn't take offense and neither should you. It's the first thing that popped into my head because my kids still haven't opened all their gifts, yet. Chillax. If you are completely OK with your parental choices, don't get snarky so easily.
bdarnell
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I would have told her to mind her own damn business. And it sounds like your DS is an amazing, caring, understanding child. :) I bet she didn't know how to respond to your DS saying that to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Because I said it was okay. We don't go huge on Christmas anyway

Quoting mem82: Totally off topic but why are you buying random toys not even a week after Christmas?
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Because she can? LOL.  

Quoting mem82: Totally off topic but why are you buying random toys not even a week after Christmas?

)0(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I personally would have put the sweater back...but I see nothing wrong with what you did.  :)  You explained to him why he couldn't get it-he understood.  Your son sounds like a good boy. :) 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Your son responded better than I would have. I would have told her to shut up and mind her own business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Yeah she shut up

Quoting bdarnell:

I would have told her to mind her own damn business. And it sounds like your DS is an amazing, caring, understanding child. :) I bet she didn't know how to respond to your DS saying that to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Why would she say the sweater needs to go back? How did she know it was for you? How did she know so much, period? Half the time with these store, if they're even true, people get involved because you involve them by telling them. Or she's totally clairvoyant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)