Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The right to carry a gun...

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:39 AM
  • 332 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am not American. I have never lived in a country where owning a gun or carrying a gun is a necessity other than for hunting purposes. I understand that in the USA it is your right to have one so my question is not about rights.

My question is about necessity. Have any of you seen cause for carrying a gun on you at all times? Are you cities and towns very violent? Have you been mugged or attacked causing you to get one? Do you live in a city that you think is unstable??

Again, not debating the right to own. I just don't understand the environment...

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:41 AM
6 moms liked this
I live in a nice area but bad people are everywhere, so I like being prepared.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:42 AM
5 moms liked this

I was raped and held at gun point. I now carry a gun and have been trained to shoot between the eyes.

StoicLife
by Katerina on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Read the second amendement of the Constitution.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this

This.

I've seen enough news stories of random attacks that I feel much safer having one at hand.  And I sleep so much better since buying and learning to use one.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I live in a nice area but bad people are everywhere, so I like being prepared.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I carry because I have an ex stalking my dh and I.
Ayasmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Dude ok, I said in my post that I get the idea of carrying a gun as a right. My question to you is do you see it in your life as a necessity. Anything around you that makes you afraid...etc...

Quoting StoicLife:

Read the second amendement of the Constitution.

Jenn8604
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My town personally? No. Cities I visit? Yes.
You should Google stories of people who have had guns and stopped someone from robbing places, stealing things, etc.
Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this

This is my personal opinion..

I feel it is paranoia ... my husband carries... and yes, I feel he is paranoid

However, there are good reasons for it with some (The one above who was assaulted and my husband was in Iraq twice...)

for others.. plain paranoia ... *shrugs*

FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't carry a gun. I don't see the need.

Ayasmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM

THIS I can understand completely. I was not raped but attacked in another sexually violent way about 10 years ago. If I had a gun at the time I am not sure if I would have the sense of mind to use it. I just froze after being punched in the face. It is good that you took a training course. That would probably make you more aware of what to do in that situation....

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I was raped and held at gun point. I now carry a gun and have been trained to shoot between the eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)