Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opening up to cm....something thats always been on my mind

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 58 Replies
How is your relationship with your mom? Mine is something I would have never imagined. I remember as a little girl always chasing my mom or when she was around I was like in love with my mom. :) But when you mature and get older, you start to understand things. When I was 17 I started to see my mom's true colors and what really made her happy. It wasn't me or my siblings. My mom was the type to put her "man" before anything. She craved nothing more then a man's attention. when I was 13 I was taking a shower....and my mom came into the bathroom and put a digital camera thru the corner of the shower and just took pictures. I didn't know what to think. But when I was 17 and I took my aunt nd little sis out to lunch on my day off. My aunt told me EVERYTHING. she asked if I knew about my mom using my pictures online to meet men when I was 13. I was shocked and felt used. And my aunt said once a man came to her house looking for "Anna" (my mom's name) so my mom goes to the door all dressed up....and she opens the door and is grossed out because the man was covered in warts all over his body nd face. He looked at my mom and said is Anna here?
My aunt is confused. And my mom said no, she left earlier my name is Ashlee (which is my name).
So after he left my aunt told her to explain everything. My mom confessed to using my pictures to meet men online, my aunt told her what if she met a crazy man and the guy seen me in real life and hurt me....it didn't stop my mom. after hearing this....all I could think of is her taking pictures of me while I took a shower when I was 13. That's when I started not liking my mom anymore. I loved her but lost respect for her. she is still like this to this day. My oldest son has a different father from my younger babies. My mom likes my x because he is known to like cougars. Once she asked me for pictures of my son and I sent them via text. Later to find out that she told my x that I was on drugs and I left my son at her house. And I never came back.
But what she didn't know is me n Marcus where friends and spoke daily only about my son. He called and told me. I forgave her for everything. But she continues to do these things to me. This is why I cherish my relationship with my daughter and soon to be daughter. I want to be a better mom. does anyone else have a mom like mine?
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:59 AM

my mom was always the same way. male attention always came first. to this day, she's fiercely jealous of other women including my sister and i. she even tries to get our husbands attention over us. she's a drunk and used to do coke, which i'm pretty sure she stopped years ago. she's been married 4 times now and has has so many men in between and while married. she gets bored quickly. it's just gross.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Not as close as we used to be. She's at that "I got my own" attitude so has no time for her grands.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this
After a long hard road including years without speaking, we've rebuilt our relationship and are very close.
my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I really don't have one with her. She has Narcissistic personality disorder.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My mom had a lot of health issues when I was growing up. She worked and paid the bills and did the best she could, but I did grow up fast and learned to do things like cook and clean early on. I never knew her to have a boyfriend of any kind. She did drink a lot sometimes, but then was fine other times. She died when I was 16. Years later I found out that she had given 4 other children up for adoption that I never knew about. I figure a lot of the drinking came from being depressed about that. In the end, she loved me with all her heart and did everything she could to take care of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:10 AM

My relationship with my mother became strained at a very young age.. I'd say around 9. I loved my mother more than anything in this world.. she was "perfect" to me.. Then i started to see things, feel things... My father was abusive.. beat us kids almost daily... I never understood it.. How did my mother not KNOW? Then it happened...  watched my mother look on as my father beat my brother so bad he was turning purple, and my mother just stood there, telling my brother to "shut the fuck up" as he cried from this horrible beating.. I looked at this woman I cherished above all else and saw her for the beast she was.. I always thought she did things to "teach us"... like I hated stuffed peppers as a child, the smell alone made me vomit..well, I threw up on my food one night and she made me eat it... vomit and all... well, as you can imagine eating vomit was not easy, and caused me to vomit more.. she got MAD at me for throwing up more and threw me to the floor calling me a disrepectful bitch... yes, I started to HATE her... Then she and my father divorced and she she shipped me off when her new boy toy moved in.. so much like your mother, she chose men over her children.. her biological son (I am adopted) molested and raped me for years. finally as an older teen I came out with the truth (while I was away and felt safe to do so.) she disowned me, called me a liar, and I havent spoken to her since... I thank her for giving me food and a roof over my head, but as a human being she is the biggest POS I have ever met..

real_mom_of_713
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM
OMG my mom is a alcoholic & was on coke too. She is still drinking but moved on to a harder drug Meth. she's been married 3 times and has lots of boyfriends too. Wow I see a pattern there

Quoting Mamie_85:

my mom was always the same way. male attention always came first. to this day, she's fiercely jealous of other women including my sister and i. she even tries to get our husbands attention over us. she's a drunk and used to do coke, which i'm pretty sure she stopped years ago. she's been married 4 times now and has has so many men in between and while married. she gets bored quickly. it's just gross.

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM

it's like she doesn't realize she's not 25 anymore, either. she still thinks she's hot shit and is constantly hitting on men, most that she's met through my sister or myself. it's so embarrassing. not to mention, she's crazy. genuinely crazy.

Quoting real_mom_of_713: OMG my mom is a alcoholic & was on coke too. She is still drinking but moved on to a harder drug Meth. she's been married 3 times and has lots of boyfriends too. Wow I see a pattern there
Quoting Mamie_85:

real_mom_of_713
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM
My mom was the same. I didn't mention when I was 7 she lost us to the state and we was in Foster care til I aged out. but I ran away from shelters when I was 13. "Just to be with my mom". Her 3rd husband tried to molest me..I told her. She cries and told me to leave the next day. So I can understand alot. I wish I could hug you

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My relationship with my mother became strained at a very young age.. I'd say around 9. I loved my mother more than anything in this world.. she was "perfect" to me.. Then i started to see things, feel things... My father was abusive.. beat us kids almost daily... I never understood it.. How did my mother not KNOW? Then it happened...  watched my mother look on as my father beat my brother so bad he was turning purple, and my mother just stood there, telling my brother to "shut the fuck up" as he cried from this horrible beating.. I looked at this woman I cherished above all else and saw her for the beast she was.. I always thought she did things to "teach us"... like I hated stuffed peppers as a child, the smell alone made me vomit..well, I threw up on my food one night and she made me eat it... vomit and all... well, as you can imagine eating vomit was not easy, and caused me to vomit more.. she got MAD at me for throwing up more and threw me to the floor calling me a disrepectful bitch... yes, I started to HATE her... Then she and my father divorced and she she shipped me off when her new boy toy moved in.. so much like your mother, she chose men over her children.. her biological son (I am adopted) molested and raped me for years. finally as an older teen I came out with the truth (while I was away and felt safe to do so.) she disowned me, called me a liar, and I havent spoken to her since... I thank her for giving me food and a roof over my head, but as a human being she is the biggest POS I have ever met..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)