Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever go to "Take Your Daughters To Work Day"?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:18 AM
  • 21 Replies
Reading another post made me remember that. You got excused from school to go with a parent to work for the day. It basically taught me nothing since my dad really couldn't accomplish much with me there and he spent an obscene amount of money on the vending machines, but it was fun all the same.

Did you ever go? Have your daughters? Do they even still do it? I don't remember getting any flyers about it in my kids' backpacks, but I guess there really isn't a need in almost 2015 to show little girls about the working world anymore.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegepunkstr
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I went with my dad. He works at an airport and I got to go into the control tower and I remember it being a lot of fun.
o.O....
by Cara on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM
No, my parents are cops.
FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I did not but my dad was a professional dog trainer and private hunting guide. It wasn't really feasible for me to go to work with him. I did sometimes help him with the dogs though.

My work does "Bring your kids to work day" but my DD hasn't done it.

.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM

The postal service never had that, ever.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM
We have take your kids to work day and I bring my son.
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM

in middle school my kids did. We also got to spend half a day at school with them also.

peachesforme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:26 AM
A few times dh and I have taken them to work because of schedule issues, not a career day. Luckily we have good bosses.
disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I don't remember ever seeing such a thing when I was litle.  Before I went into teaching, I was in advertising and I did bring my friend's daughter for Bring your daughter to work day when they had it.  I didn't have kids at the time and I thought it would do this girl good to see that there were options available out there besides wha she saw at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I used to go with my step dad. He is a custodian at a community college. Usually my sister and I would play basketball in the gym and swim so it's not like We learned much. I remember my step sister going with my dad but when I lived with them I was too young. My dad was a construction worker putting Windows in skyscrapers in seattle.
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:29 AM
My daddy was in the Air Force. I did go to work with him a few times. I got to help the older ladies in his office with their work. I always had fun in my daddy's office.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)