Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do we rid ourselves of this pestilence?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:45 AM
  • 0 Replies
My husband's cousin came on to him when they were teenagers, trying to get him to fool around with her. When he resisted (uh, you're my cousin!) she claimed he molested her and caused a huge rift in the family that lasted over a decade. No charges were ever filed.

Yesterday, she sent him a message saying how sorry she was for what she did. It has been so long and they are both married with a bunch of kids so, being a generally nice guy, he forgave her and wished her well. She kept texting so he handed me his phone and asked what I thought of it. From a woman's perspective, it sounded like she had some kind of angle so he trusted my judgement and told her that we weren't comfortable with the two of them talking. I wrote her and invited her to bring the kids over and meet the family so we could all be friends together. She responded favorably but then called my husband when he got off work at 10 pm. She said, "you suck, i just want to talk to you." HE said, " ok but I don't have anything more to say" She said, " well let me know when you do!" and hung up. This morning he has a text saying she loves him and misses him and doesn't care what his wife thinks.

So what do you think? We are very civil people but do we need to get a little ugly with this woman to get rid of her? Certainly this is going to cause problems with the family..all over again.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)