Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow I just had to write my own post my answer will be too long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
For a response on the other post.

If you are going to regret an abortion....

Don't get one.

I am pro-choice so I do believe it is a woman's right to decide. I myself have had 2 abortions, and before you ask, no I don't have a hard time learning.

The first was due to a very abusive relationship, where I was beaten raped watched as the house had cameras. I was not allowed birth control or even allowed out of the house.

I had no friends and he cut me off from my family. He threatened to kill me and was just crazy enough if I did something wrong he would have killed me.

I was constantly walking on eggshells, there was no working phone in the house and he lived in the middle of nowhere. When I got pregnant he was cheating on me and wanted me to leave to bring her in to his home.

And before you ask, he was normal and wonderful acting until I moved in.

When I left, because he let me leave, and I found out I was pregnant, I didn't want anything that was part him. I didn't want him to go for custody or anything. A friend and I shared the cost. No regrets.

The second time I do regret. It was over money. We had very little my new fiancée and I were pretty destitute. I wish I had given birth.

But I was scared. We could barely feed ourselves. My fiancée (now he is my dh) tried to beg me to have the baby. He swore we could do it. We would figure things out.

I felt panicked and backed into a wall. I didn't have any faith we could make it work somehow. I cried and cried and had the abortion.

It's something you have to be 100% positive you want to do. Because with the first one I am ok. The second? I still wonder about that baby. Not or girl? He or she would be 14 if I hadn't done it.....

I've had dreams about that baby. Holding the baby. Crying over the whole experience. Wishing I had been stronger as I wanted to leave the clinic that day but I remember gritting my teeth and making my legs move me into the room, they felt like lead and I wanted to run the other way and leave.

I cried through the procedure like I was a child. I cried in the waiting room. And it took my dh and I three years to stop fighting and taking the situation and stress out on each other.

So don't do it unless you are positive it's what you want.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Bump
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I'm pro choice as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I think you need therapy to heal all your wounds. Hugs.

It's a personal choice though and not everyone is ravaged with guilt and unable to function normally.

I don't think there is any Woman who has had one that enjoyed doing it either and walked out without a care.

You do what you do because you choose to do it and you live with it because you are an adult...regret and all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Yes but I'm just saying I made the choice based off of nothing but fear. It was the wrong choice the second time.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It's a personal choice though and not everyone is ravaged with guilt and unable to function normally.

I don't think there is any Woman who has had one that enjoyed doing it either and walked out without a care.

You do what you do because you choose to do it and you live with it because you are an adult...regret and all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:45 PM
My cousin did 8 times and now she's having problems getting pregnant

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I am not sure if the abortions = infertility

But that sucks for her. :(

Quoting Anonymous 3: My cousin did 8 times and now she's having problems getting pregnant

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I have 5 kids so...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
:(
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I haven't had one. I hope I never have to. I hope nobody ever "has to" but "makes the best decision for themselves". I was anti abortion growing up, even as an adult. But I am pro choice for others. Others need the safe procedure available. Abortions will still happen whether needed, wanted or just the logical choice. The question is will it be done and ruin someone's life or kill them or will it be done as safely as possible?

I'm prochoice for others, careful as fuck for myself (implanton?). Horrible thinking but even if I was raped, I have birthcontrol in my arm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:56 PM
My only wish is that people really think before they do it. It's very final, once it's over there is no going back. No changing your mind. First time I KNEW I had to do it. But the second time I didn't know. I was just scared and let fear make that decision and it was the wrong one. And once you are in the building with a scheduled appointment, it's hard as hell to walk out without getting it done. I couldn't even though I desperately wanted to run out the door.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: I haven't had one. I hope I never have to. I hope nobody ever "has to" but "makes the best decision for themselves". I was anti abortion growing up, even as an adult. But I am pro choice for others. Others need the safe procedure available. Abortions will still happen whether needed, wanted or just the logical choice. The question is will it be done and ruin someone's life or kill them or will it be done as safely as possible?

I'm prochoice for others, careful as fuck for myself (implanton?). Horrible thinking but even if I was raped, I have birthcontrol in my arm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)