Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hotels.com

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Have you used this site to book a hotel? Is it safe? I found a good deal but just wondering if I should trust it.,
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked the front desk at two hotels.

I found that third party sites aren't always the best deals. Call the hotel directly and find out what their rates are, and how much avalibility they have. Sometimes they'll drop the rate over the phone. Sometimes they'll have a much cheaper walk in rate, and it's best to not book in advance (however, that is a gamble and you never know what will happen and who will have availability).

I think the worst thing about those third party sites is that I nice you book it, it's a done deal. You can't cancel and you can't make changes. The hotel can't see details (like your rate) and won't be able to get you a better deal.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a front desk clerk in college and this is true. A walk in rate is the best deal, calling the hotel directly is the next best thing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I worked the front desk at two hotels.

I found that third party sites aren't always the best deals. Call the hotel directly and find out what their rates are, and how much avalibility they have. Sometimes they'll drop the rate over the phone. Sometimes they'll have a much cheaper walk in rate, and it's best to not book in advance (however, that is a gamble and you never know what will happen and who will have availability).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)